This Disappears When Logged In

The Pics You've Been Waiting For!

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by tatmanderby, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatmanderby

tatmanderby Member

This is going to be a long thread I'm afraid! But here they are; As you know I now have 11 snakes (and there are more planned), so I thought I'd give you a run down of them and their personalities.

First there was Spook, a 3yr old Coral Snow Corn; imagine a 6yr old child in a playroom full of new toys. You've got it he is into anything and everything and all at the same time. Next came Syndrome a sweet 2mth old Black Albino Corn; an extremely independant girl. She was shortly followed by Hyper, a 4mth old Hypermelanistic Corn. Let's just say that he lives up to his name, especially at 3.30 in the morning when everyone else is trying to sleep (he loves climbing up his branch and falling of it....repeatedly, And he is 4mth old any more).

Then along came sweet Lady Esme, a 3yr old Rosy Corn, a very effectionate lady who loves being stroked. It was a while after that that I met and bought Blaze, my first Rat snake. He is an everglades, and was 2yrs old, very insecure, and very powerful for his size ( on the 2nd day of owning him, he dislocated 2 fingers on my right hand). I have to say that he is a lot more chilled out these days. What helped him, I think, was when I got him a playmate in the form of the Colonel, a 6.5 foot, 3yr old Yellow Rat who had been severely pampered by his previous owner. This has had a very big effect on him, in that he always wants to be out and fussed. this now results in attention seeking behaviour when he doesn't get what he wants (God, they're worse than kids).

A friend of mine who got back into snakes, then show me a pic of a Black Rat, and I knew I had to have one. So after some research, along came Pirelli, At 5mth old, she had hardly been handled, but with a bit of work she is coming on nicely. The next 2 came together, Beth and Colin. Beth is a lovely Anerythristic A Corn, whilst Colin is a Miami Phase Corn. Both are 3yrs old. Are you noticing a pattern amongst some british snake owners.

Then Came the Mystery... Mr F. Kofski. When I got him at the end of last year (early November), he was meant to have been 8mth old and a Russian Rat, and female. Well as you have no doubt gathered, she had a sex change and is now male. I've had to do a lot of work with as he was extremely agressive, and continually locking on to me with his teeth. He is much better now, and quite a nice snake to handle. He is now 3 feet in length and, after much searching for pics, a total mystery.

and finally, as you know I aquired Logi, a 2yr old Baird's Rat who is aready the best part of 5 feet long. I apologise for the name to any out there that know the early history of the television (Logi Baird).

I hope this has not been to boring for any of you mad enough to have read it.
    The first response will be from me with more pics. Hope you enjoy.;)

Attached Files:

2. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Welcome and thats somw great snakes! :)

3. tatmanderby

tatmanderby Member

You can view all of my pics in the gallery under members category. Cheers folks. Bye.

4. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Wow! They are absolutely beautiful! :)

5. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Great Snakes. I love the albino stripe cornsnake, I have one myself and shes defiantly one of my faves.

6. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

not that I know much about snakes, but that orange one is beautiful.:p

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Nice snakes!
    But you have me puzzled.
    I have never heard of a "black albino". Since albino means lacking melanin (no black) thats an interesting concept.;)

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I would guess a black rat snake with no pigmentation? Unless you are being a wise-@ss Mr. Merlin.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Who meeeeee?
    I was thnking more along the lines of an invisible snake!;)

10. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

lmao Merlin :)

11. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

12. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Nice snakes.

13. nicole

nicole Elite Member

all absolutely beautiful!!

14. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

when i worked at a pet store we got a "black albino" cornsnake. it seems to be just a pet shop term for Anerys because the "black albino" was the snake i bought, Bullet.

love all the pics, they're beautiful. :)

15. CrotalusCo

CrotalusCo Member

yes
    black albino corsnake = anery
    red ratsnake = cornsnake

In most cases the term red ratsnake means it is wild caught

Terms mostly used by wholesalers and uneducated pet shops

16. tatmanderby

tatmanderby Member

Check out my pic gallery, and you see a black albino (anerythristic b), called Syndrome. Don't worry it's not invisible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.