This Disappears When Logged In

The King has been spotted :)

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by DwarvenChef, Feb 15, 2015.

1. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Well it's the 3rd season running and he is still looking good. The King of the back yard was out sunning himself and I was there to get the shots :)
    0244150215-36.jpg

I hope our weird February, 85f out there, doesn't cause a huge die off due to temp extremes.

My daughters cat brought in a yearling today, will see if he pulls through. My have my breading set if he lives :)

2. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Beautiful animal.

It's far too cold here for any of our natives to be out, unfortunately.

3. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Tomorrow I pick up a new lens :) 400mm 5.6L drool :)

Horrorphile and lizardhoarder139 like this.
  4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

That will be a nice lens.
    Best thing I've seen this winter is a Snowy Owl. Couldn't get a pic in the lowlight though.
    Temperature -3 Fah on Saturday, chillin.

5. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Cooled off to the mid 70's today :p

6. Horrorphile

Horrorphile Active Member

I would love to get my hands on a longer focal length lens. The best telephoto lens I have right now is only 250mm and really isn't the best.

7. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

One problem I didn't account for soon enough is holding a 400mm still. My head on the tripod is not nearly strong enough. Was waiting for a front yard Sceloporus occ. to jump on a basking rock, while setting up I took a few practice shots watching for wiggle. Turn out that even with the timer set for exposure (2 sec or 30 sec) I end up with wiggle.... from the mirror.... Tight as I can make the connections the mirror still wiggles the lens and the 400 shows it up really bad... Have to get my shots with the mirror locked up and my eyes do not like using the screen back for fine focus :(