This Disappears When Logged In

The End of an Era.

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Merlin, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I have been struggling, trying to find the words to write this and still not sure but I will try.
    Yesterday I found my beloved green iguana, Zok, dead in her enclosure. I am heart broken. She had been a part of my life for 14 years. She was an incredible animal and taught me a lot as well as putting up with a lot from me. Including being handled by my small grandkids. She was a great ambassador for the reptile community and showed many people that reptiles aren't the stupid, vicious, creatures that many still believe.

I loved her dearly and she will be sorely missed. At this stage of my life I don't really see me taking on another iguana. So a big chapter of my life has ended as well. But there will always be big hole there.

Rest in peace my little dragon. You finally have your wings.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

So sorry to hear this. She had a great life in your care.
    A heartbreaking time for sure.

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Merlin, I'm sorry for your loss :(.
    You gave her a great life, I'm sure she couldn't have asked for a better person to spend those 14 years with.
    (hugs)

4. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

Your post actually made me cry...I'm really sorry, I know what it's like to lose something you loved and cared for. But she hasn't really left you, she's still with you in your heart and will always be there.

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I am so sorry for your loss Merlin.

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sorry for your loss Merlin. A friend like that couldn't be replaced, hold on to your good memories and I hope they give you some comfort

7. aromatherapykim

aromatherapykim Elite Member

so sorry for your loss! Your post made me cry! Thinking of you

8. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

I am very sorry for your loss man......im sure she is missed and had a wonderful life in your care..... I give you my greatest condulences

9. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Something passes that has been with us for so long can leave it's mark. The pain subsides but the memories live on. I still feel my cat under my chair at the computer and I smile, she has been gone a year now and it hurts less.

RIP little dragon.

10. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So sorry for your loss Merlin! Rest in Peace Zok.

11. Merlin

Thank you everyone. I can still hardly believe that she is gone.
    I look over at that big empty cage just sitting there,....

12. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Merlin, very sorry to hear that, I know exactly how you must be feeling, the difference with me was that I couldn`t do without another monitor in my life when the V. ornatus died.... I wish you all the best.

13. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Words mean only a little at a time like this, but you have my sympathy.

Edit: Actually had to wipe my eyes after posting this. Only because I know how much such a friend can mean.

14. Merlin

Stephen, don't think I am not tempted.
    But my first thought is that, at 60 years old, to take on an animal that could outlive me and then have my survivors to worry about what to do with it.
    Since none of my children are that interested in reptiles.

15. trappen

trappen Elite Member

Sorry to hear about your loss Merlin. You will always have Zoe in your heart and the memories will be with you forever.

16. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hey man, sorry to hear about your loss. One of the worst parts of owning animals is that eventually you have to part ways and it is never easy.

17. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Merlin, I am so so sorry to hear of the passing of Zok. I feel you my friend.

It's a terribly, empty feeling. You never stop missing them, or referring to them, or telling their stories.

They are amazing ambassadors among people, and "companions" to those who understand them. Just grand green lizards who capture our hearts and attach themselves to us. They are icons of our time.

You gave her an amazing life, better than any could expect. She was your Iggy, and you were her Ig-slave. And you will carry her with you for the rest of your time here, and she knows that.

She waits for you at the Rainbow tree, healthy, happy, content and patient.

I send my light and love to you my friend, to help fill some of that void, and know that you are not alone in that sad grief.

Regards,
    Dominick

18. Merlin

THanks Dom. I was thinking about you and Rex. It is amazing how much they get into your heart.

19. Oh Merlin Im so sorry to hear about Zok! The 2 of you gave so us so much help & info, not to forget all your great stories! :(((
    She will always be with you & Im sure keeping a eye on you from Iggie heaven!
    I worry constantly about my IGGz since shes 15! Since her & I are 2 old single,senior ladies:eek:

RIP little lady
    Nat & IGGZ

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  20. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Losing pets never gets easier :( I am so sorry to hear, Merlin. It sounds like you took great care of him and I'm sorry that he passed. I know nothing I can say will make you feel better about losing a longtime pet but I do wish the best for you, Merlin. R.I.P Zok