This Disappears When Logged In

The Coral We Relocated Today

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by PMC, Sep 12, 2012.

1. PMC

PMC Well-Known Member

DSC05015.jpg DSC05018.jpg DSC05019.jpg DSC05020.jpg DSC05021.jpg DSC05024.jpg
    We found him near our house and have small children, so we relocated him to hunting preserve land a few miles away from us.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

What a beautiful snake, so tiny! Glad you relocated him to a safe place for all :)

3. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

How did you decide where to move the snake?

4. PMC

PMC Well-Known Member

Wasn't too hard, we live in a small neighborhood surrounded by cattle pasture, hay fields, and woods... I figured the Coral would like to stay in the woods, so we drove a few miles down the road and walked him into a wooded are that is used mainly for turkey hunting. Hunters by us are woodsy guys, they don't mess with snakes and don't mind them when they do see them. Being a Coral, I doubt anyone will ever see him again anyway, lol! Plus, there are just not that many hunters going through there... figured it was a good match :)

5. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

LUCKY. Ive only ever seen 1 wild coral snake in my life, and Ive looked for them. The only other snake that seems to be that rare for me to find is a C. Adamanteus, The Eastern Diamondback.

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

So pretty...I constantly run into sidewinders but not much else snakewise.