This Disappears When Logged In

The Boa Files

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by Strutter769, May 10, 2012.

1. Strutter769

Strutter769 Member

Hello HCN! I'd like to introduce you to some of my snakes... a collection that hit magic number 20 yesterday. (Ok, not sure why it's magical. Just take my word for it, k?) When these guys/gals hit maturity, we'll take the industry by storm and offer some of the most incredible boas in the hobby!

So, sit back, relax and enjoy this edition of.... "The Boa Files!"

2. Strutter769

Strutter769 Member

Ok, I think I got it this time.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Gorgeous looking Boa's! Drool worthy :)
    Is that a Dumerils Boa?

4. Strutter769

Strutter769 Member

Thanks Michele! You're close. Those are Madagascan Ground Boas. They're a cousin of the Dumeril's, from the more arid portions of the island.

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice collection you got going!

6. Strutter769

Strutter769 Member

Thanks Joey. That begs to question; when/how does one know when to stop collecting? And when does collecting officially become "hoarding?" :)

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I think there is a line that can easily be crossed, maybe when you can't afford or don't have the time to properly feed and maintain your collection.

8. T42D1T4L14N

T42D1T4L14N Elite Member

Beautiful snakes!! What a great collection!!

9. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow the markings on your BRBs (or are the Peruvians?) are stunning and the pink tones and patterns on the Madagascan Ground Boas are just amazing. Those are my two absolute favorite boa types.
    Thanks for sharing... feel free to post MORE pics :)

10. Strutter769

Strutter769 Member

Thanks again everyone.

Andrea, my Rainbows are indeed Brazilian. Most are from Dave Colling (rainbowsrus) and I have a (tiny) pair of Bullseyes from Aubrey Ross @ Slipstream Serpents, among others.

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

My opinion is when you have so many animals that the quality of care starts to degrade. Its also when the amount of care and money required causes you to neglect the other necessary things in YOUR and your family's lives.
    If you aren't paying your rent or your kids are going without so that you can provide for your collection its time to take a step back.