This Disappears When Logged In

The Black Headed Python Thread

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by deviousevie, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deviousevie

deviousevie Member

Anyone here got any Black-Headed Pythons? If so.... it's see them :D

Here's some of mine :D

Makybe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guinness

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cooper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All three are Queensland Form.

Cheers,
    Evie

2. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Evie you suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my keyboard has drool allllll over it.... my all time fav aussie snake!

3. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

i will swap you a ball python for it..... :D

hahahaha i know how much those go for.....and you are very very lucky!

4. kagerou

kagerou Elite Member

Wow! Those are really beautiful, i've never even seen one before.

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Very nice :D Almost as cool as the womas. They're probably cooler looking, but womas get bonus points for being less well known and having a cool name ;) Either way, those are some beautiful blackheads! I love the second picture of Guinness :)

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

wow how beautiful. never saw those before thanks for sharing them! :)

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Very nice looking snakes.

8. venus

venus Founding Member

Pretty cool...like the colors.

9. MRHickey

MRHickey Elite Member

We have one where I work on display, they are very different formed snakes, I love how the huge one we have is all tan and brown with a jet black head, it is like the head should be on another snake.

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Blackheads are gorgeous snakes. Unfortunately they aren't common around here. I have never seen one offered at any of the shows I have been at.

11. Queen 'O Green

Queen 'O Green Elite Member

I'm pretty sure you posted that just to make us all vvveeerrrryyyy jealous. Meanie! :p

Beautiful snakes. Thanks for sharing them! They look kinda like those spoons that are dipped in chocolate. :D

12. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Awesome Snakes...you really do like making us jealous, don't you?

13. deviousevie

deviousevie Member

Jealous..... are you kidding?? You all have some amazing snakes :D I would so love a retic or an anaconda or a ball python.... or even a green tree python!!!

The only one i can even dream of having here is a Green Tree Python, but at about $8000 - $9000 a hatchling, i imagine i will be waiting a fair while!!

It sad that GTPs are so much here when they are actually natives here :(

Cheers,
    Evie

14. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Beautiful! :D

15. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

is it true that you can have no exotics in australia? I suppose it is kind of a good thing but it must suck...at least maybe have a highly regulated exotic system. As though the system you guys already have isn't strict..lol

16. deviousevie

deviousevie Member

Many years ago there was an amnesty where people could declare their exotics and were granted licences to keep them (only the snakes they declared on the amnesty, they could not further add to their collection, nor were they allowed to breed) but appart from those individuals no we are not allowed to keep exotics, nor are we allowed to export any of our herps to other countries.

If you look on any australian reptile forum you are sure to quickly stumble upon an "exotics" thread... the topic is a highly debated issue here with many professional and amature herpers for and against the idea.

Personally, as much as there are countless exotics which I would love to own (iguanas, retic, balls, emerald, anacondas... just to name a few) i think that the laws we have here at the moment are quite sensible. OPMV (Ophidio Paramyxovirus) is becoming more and more common here (i know people who have taken steps such as banning other herper from coming into contact with their collections from fear of having this virus wipe out their collections) i think the last thing we need to do is start importing other animals with new viruses/diseases to be dealt with... nor should we be exporting animals to other countries that possibly carry OPMV.

In all honesty as much as i love exotics, i feel that i am lucky enough to live in a country which is home to some of the most beautiful and sought after pythons in the world so what i can own here is enough to keep me happy... i certainly wouldn't want to put any of them at risk.

Cheers,
    Evie

17. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

yeah agreed... over here it is the total opposite. Makes no sense really... you are allowed to keep any exotics without any permits or anything but native species are not allowed to be kept...you need permits for each individual species(and getting permits is not always easy)

We also have some of the most beautiful snakes in the world...many i prefer to exotics but getting permits in most of the country is tricky. just think...mmm gaboon vipers, african rock pythons, cobras, boomslangs most of the bitis genus..varanids, chameleons, agamas....aww too many..lol

18. Electrophile

Electrophile Elite Member

Evie, your snakes are so gorgeous...I've wanted a black head for quite some time, but likewise, never seen one at a show. I've seen womas at two different zoos and a black head at the San Diego Zoo (I think), but only seen the occasional woma at a show. Speaking of which, the next show is in less than a month and very close to my birthday. Hmmm... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.