This Disappears When Logged In

Terrible~another Sad Rescue GRAPHIC PICS

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by missabrat, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Wish

Wish Guest

Awww that's is so sad. How could any one do something like that to an animal of such beauty we will never know, but now he is in good hands and I am glad for that. Please keep us updated and all the luck to you your moo shu. Your a snake angel!

2. JambiG

JambiG Member

I too would like to get my hands on people who abuse creatures of any species. I hope all goes well with his recovery. Thank you for giving him the care he needs. Good luck Moo Shu.

3. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Good luck with him. I hope he recovers to spite the previous owner.

Anxious to see updated pics of how he is looking now.

4. avoidtheboyd

avoidtheboyd Elite Member

im a firm believer that if a person is caught doing harm to an animal, that same hurting should be done to the person.

5. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Any updates?

6. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

He is resting as comfortably as possible, other than daily cleaning and medicating we haven't bothered him, I will try to post updated pics in a bit

7. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

As promised here are updated photos taken just 3 days after picking this poor guy up, you can see the amount of damage done, his eye caps still hadn't come off,(they are off now) and he is missing layers of skin on his nose, not to mention the intense swelling of his mouth. He is in rough shape, but good body weight, I cannot circle my hand around his middle, he is nice and thick.
    Like I said we keep handling to a minimal, due to the high stress he is already under, only two of us work with him. more pics next week, we are making a photo journal of his recovery, so we can make a poster to display, most people only see our rescues AFTER they are healthy, this will give them a better picture of what rescue is really about..I am hopeful Moo Shu will recover, he /she is a very beautiful animal who did not ask for this.

Attached Files:

• 093.jpg
      093.jpg
      File size:
      24.1 KB
      Views:
    • 095.jpg
      095.jpg
      File size:
      20.4 KB
      Views:
    • 096.jpg
      096.jpg
      File size:
      21.5 KB
      Views:
    • 097.jpg
      097.jpg
      File size:
      21.1 KB
      Views:
  8. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Moo Shu is very beautiful. Seeing what someone has let happen is making me so upset. I can't wait to be finished with school so that I can start working with one of the local rescues to help make a difference for the animals that come in like that. I hope Moo Shu makes a 100% recovery, and pray that Karma makes a complete turn around on the person that caused that. Not a single animal in the world deserves to be treated wrong, if only more people would realize that.

9. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

He looks much better! Gosh I hope he makes a great recovery. Good luck to you! :)
    Thank for sharing those updated pics.

10. Wish

Wish Guest

He does look better. Great job. I'm glad to see and hear that he is doing somewhat better. He is a fighter. I will keep him in my thoughts.

11. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks much better in just a few days, that does look promising. He is a fighter, and with his good size is most likely was once very healthy which will help him I'm sure make a great recovery. Thanks to you and everyone at the shelter for doing such a wonderful job. Keep us posted. Sending healthy toughts his way. bye

12. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Thanks everyone, my friend Diana who owns the rescue is to be credited with getting him back into shape, it will be a long road of recovery for him, but she does an amazing job !

13. Jaxn

Jaxn New Member

That is awful, makes me sick. Take good care of the poor thing. I'm very glad you've found him

14. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

Nice to see the updated pics, he looks much better. Im sure it will be a good recovery. It makes me so upset to see the pics, How could anyone even have the heart to do something like this to an inocent animal. I really hope justice gets brought to whom ever did this. Good luck Moo Shu, Be strong.

15. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Wow he looks much better, but still so bad! Poor guy. It looks like he is on his way to recovery though. With his mouth like that is he able to eat? Will not getting food (if he can't - I assume it would hurt for him to eat atm) slow his healing?

16. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Looks well on his way to recovery. Good job!

17. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

He is unable to eat, until his mouth heals. He has a lot of weight to him, so going without food will not be a problem.Ball pythons are notorious for going off food for periods of time.
    We do a lot of soaking with him, to encourage him to drink, it also helps to clean his face. He still has some hair or fibers stuck in the swollen parts, but we are doing our best to get them all out, we do not like to mess with it too much, as it is quite painful for the poor guy. He does get antibiotics injected twice a day and ointment to the affected areas as well as a pain med. With everything we have to do to him, he is still a very nice fellow.

18. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice to hear that he is recovering, great that he is still a nice guy. It must be very painful, thank god that he is where he is getting the best treatment he can. You are all Angels!:)

19. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

It sounds like he knows somehow that you are trying to make him better.

20. jimnash

jimnash Member

That is so insane!!! Poor little guy, our hearts reach out to him!