This Disappears When Logged In

Terraristika, Hamm Germany.

Discussion in 'Shows and Expos' started by morbid, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morbid

morbid Active Member

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I cannot read anything on that site, lol.

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Morbid can you give a synopsis as to what it says.. Is it a reptile fair, times, dates, location etc might be helpful :)

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I've heard of that one before. There is a reptile store in my area that goes to that one. They usually come back with a lot of interesting species.

5. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

The "Terraristika" is the largest reptile/amphibian fair in the world and it is getting bigger and bigger every year.
    It is located in Hamm, Germany and you can find almost anything there (for a price!)
    The website is a bit odd, because it has the option to have "English" but it doesn't work. The only thing I could find on the site in English is the Fair Rules:
    ..:: Terraristika Hamm ::.. - Fair rules

6. I can't really read much on there But it says the next one is 15.09.07 from 10am to 7pm at central hamm stadium (i think) entry is 10 euros.
    I've booked a bus trip, never been before. Can you buy entry in advance or do you have to get there early and que to make sure you get in? Slightly apprehensive about going to germany only ot que and not get in coz i hear it ALWAYS sell out.

7. morbid

morbid Active Member

Hi all..

I am sorry for not following up my own threads, but I have been busy repairing my house..

Ok, here goes..

It is the largest fair in the world.
    7000 square metres
    400+ exhibitors

The doors will open for the public at 10:00, and for sellers at 07:00, it closes at 16:00. The thing is, that people are starting to que outside at approx. 06:00!! I have seen quelines more that 1 kilometer long!!

The entry is 10,00 Euros, and you can not pay it in advance.

A good thing is, that you can have a beer and something to eat in their bar/restaurant.

You can see and buy: all kind of reptiles and amphibians, tools, t-shirts and similar stuff, feederinsects and other foods/supplements, cages, books/magazines and God knows what..
    I have seen animals there that I have only seen on pictures before. Prices ranging from a couple of Euros to 8-10 000 Euros/animal!!

I have a table there, in the venomous room (you have to be 16 or 18 years to enter, I do not remember witch it is..) If you see a sign that say "Terrarium Morbidum", say "Hi.."

A list of people with stands / tables: ..:: Terraristika Hamm ::.. - Anbieterverzeichnis

Map over the place (Zentralhalle = Centralhall): ..:: Terraristika Hamm ::.. - Zentralhallen Hamm

A YouTubeclip from the mainhall on the Terraristika in March. The septembershow is much heavily visited! *************************/watch?v=nMnr2P8aCEU&mode=related&search=

Anything else? Fire away your q´s..

/Miqe

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Sorry but Youtube links are not permitted on this site.

9. morbid

morbid Active Member

Oh, I am sorry..

I did not know..

Well, I think that you can imagen a rockconcert.. That is how crowded it is. Last year, I moved about 50 centimeters in 30 minutes..

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It sounds absolutely terrific!
    Too bad I am on the wrong side of the big pond!

11. morbid

morbid Active Member

It does, doesn´t it.. :D

Sweaty germans, smell of snakec**p, many hours in a car.. But, heck.. It is really worth it!! Especially if you go to Hamm the day/evening before the show and stay at a hotel, meeting some good fellowherpers over a beer or 14. ;)

12. royalbabylover

royalbabylover Elite Member

A lot of people I lnow form a UK forum are going to Hamm.
    Unfortunately we couldn't afford to go this year.
    My partner is having major surgery on the 3rd September so we couldn't go anyway.

Maybe next year.

13. morbid

morbid Active Member

Right.. Back from Hamm in one piece.

Found some interesting animals that decided to come home with me.. =)

2.2 Vipera nikolskii
    1.1 Bufo calamita
    1.0 Timon lepidus
    0.2 Gloydius halys caraganus
    1.1 Podarcis pityusensis kameriana

14. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

I really want to go to hamm. One day ill go. Maybe. Any pics of the show?

15. morbid

morbid Active Member

Sorry, no pics of the show. I had too much to do..

Actually.. I think that you might find pics using googles picturesearch. Not sure though..

16. morbid

morbid Active Member

A couple of pics on some of the animals I picked up at the Terraristika..

Vipera nikolskii

Female
    [​IMG]

Male
    [​IMG]

Lacerta agilis

Female
    [​IMG]

Male
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.