This Disappears When Logged In

Temp Humidity Question on BRBs

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by TJOHNSON722, Apr 16, 2013.

1. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I've been reading caresheets on BRBs and it said on a few breeders websites to keep baby's humidity at 90-95%. I'm wanting to run this by you guys. My baby's humidity is at 78% and his hot temps are 82 cool is 75. Just wanting to verify everything.

I know he started loosing his shed immidiately after I put him in his tub. Didn't even have to soak him.

2. Rainbowsrus

Rainbowsrus Well-Known Member

First off, most hygrometers are not all that accurate so is hard to really get a precise number. Your BRB is the BEST hygrometer. If he is shedding in full sheds, not tattered (torn on cage decorations is fine) then your humidity levels are acceptable.

BRB's do need high humidity levels to thrive. I have 25 years of experience with raising and breeding BRB's and I don't own a single hygrometer. I simply provide high humidity.

3. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I have him in a tub. Reason is due to experience. He was having trouble shedding, or so the owner told me. I automatically knew he didn't have a high enough humidity. Within the hour his shed was coming off. I think its good, I'm just a bit worried because he's a baby. Like I said its so humid water is dripping from the lid. I'm adding more vent holes tonight. I'm excited to see if he will eat for us. I think ill give it another few days then try. He's not nippy at all though.