This Disappears When Logged In

Temp Guns

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by purplemuffin, Feb 16, 2011.

1. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

I'm really interested in getting a temp gun, but I want to know what brand seems to be the best to get? I guess both price wise vs. how good it is. I see some 25 dollar temp guns as well as some well over 100!

I'm okay with saving up money for it, but if there is a 50 dollar one that does as good as a 100 dollar one I'd love to save a little money, lol!

Anyone who has temp guns, what do you use/suggest? :)

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

This is the one I bought, and it works great! I don't know if they make this brand in the US though. I bought it when it was on sale for 75% off. When comparing it to my digital thermometer it was very accurate!
    Mastercraft Digital Temperature Reader | Canadian Tire

3. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

I have this one
    http://tempgun.com/

I bought the PE-1 (the PE-2 has a laser site, while the PE-1 does not)
    I love mine, and haven't had any issues with it at all. It seems to be very reliable and accurate..You can find it for a bit less than the listed $30 price, (I'm thinking I paid about $25 total when I got mine a while back...but I honestly can't remember which site I purchased it from..I just know I did order it online, and it WASN'T ordered from the website linked above.)

4. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

I've seen this one recommended in a few different places
    PE1 TG1 Infrared Thermometer Temp Gun by Pro Exotics, it goes for about $30

There is also a PE2 version that has a laser sight on it, that goes for about $45. I don't know if the laser sight is worth the extra $15.

The prices I quoted were on Amazon by the way.

Edit: Teach, you beat me to the punch, but seeing as you have experience with it, thanks for the recommendation. :)

5. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Yup I have the Pro Exotics PE-2. I just LOVE it. It has a "lazer" ( you have to say it like Dr. Evil) lmao
    I believe it was Merlin that recommended it to me. I ordered it from their website. :)
    I can't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't that bad.
    Happy shopping!

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

7. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

That's a good piece of information to consider when deciding which one.
    Thanks Merlin. :)

8. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

I also have the pe2, bought it at an exotics show for 20dollars, yeah!
    Its nice to be able to do a quick spot check.

9. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Sweet! I think I'll get the PE2 then when I get the chance! Especially with the growing number of herps, would be nice to check and double check to see if my thermometers are doing good on each one!