This Disappears When Logged In

Tattoos :)

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by Flint, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Hey All!!

I've seen a few members showin off their ink, thought I'd jump on the train lol.

With every tat comes a story.. mine are no different lol so bear with me.

These are my most recent tats, they actually just finished healing up a week ago or so. My leg hair is still catching up.. lol

(btw, the pics are blurry thanks to my phone ad my legs were twisted trying to get a good angle. but the lines are actually very crisp, and the words are just about perfectly straight on my legs when im standing. the guy did a great job)

Right leg

tats2.jpg
    By nocold at 2011-08-31

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Left leg

tatsm.jpg
    By nocold at 2011-08-31

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

If anyone recognizes the poem, kudos! "Do not go gentle into that good night" by Dylan Thomas is my absolute favorite poem ever :) I've actually committed the whole thing to memory:

"Do not go gentle into that good night
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Though wise men, at their end know dark is right
    Because their words had forked no lightning they,
    Do not go gentle into that good night

Good men the last wave by, crying how bright
    their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
    rage, rage against the dying of the light

wild men, who caught and sang the sun in flight
    and learned too late they grieved it in its passing,
    do not go gentle into that good night

grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay
    rage, rage against the dying of the light

and you, my father, there on the sad height,
    curse, bless me now with your fierce tears i pray
    do not go gentle into that good night
    rage, rage against the dyeing of the light"

I'm sure I got some commas in the wrong spots there.. lol. That poem has a huge meaning to me, mainly because I am an atheist. I have the utmost respect for people of faith and i know religion is a beautiful thing, I just can't give into faith like that. So, in my belief, death is it. You only get one shot. So, no matter how you've lived your life, you can always do more, do greater things. Life is precious.

So now that the philosophical life/death talks are over, heres my first tat, done by my buddy in his appt with a half broken tat gun lol

tats1u.jpg
    By nocold at 2011-08-31

If anyone is familiar with dane cook, this here is a MFC... Monkey (making love that starts with a F) a Coconut lol. I have 3 best friends that I consider my brothers, and one of them was moving to south dakota. We were all hanging out at another ones appt in San Diego before he left, and we decided to all get tats to commemorate the last time we'd be together for a long while. The one whos appt we were at was an apprenticing self-taught tattoo artist so he did the honors (including his own). His gun was cheap and falling apart, but we suffered through it.

I have plans for a rather large and intricate piece covering my whole back, when i have probably $1000 to blow.. lol. Its a secret, but I will say it involves a huge oak tree, a robot, and the lyrics from the chorus of Dave Matthews Band, "Gravedigger"

"Gravedigger, when you dig my grave, can you make it shallow, so I can feel the rain"

Ok, all done boring you with stories now lol. Thanks for lookin!!

Attached Files:

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Cool tats.

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Nice ink!

I just got my first tat a couple months ago (May, I think). I'll have to post some pictures. My mom and brothers (mostly mom) have been pressuring me to get ink for a long time now, and it has been on my to-do list for even longer, I am just afraid of hypodermic needles, so I didn't know how I would handle it until I actually got it done - and I was fine. Thankfully, tattoo guns look NOTHING like hypodermic needles. They are happy I have ink now though.

In their words: "You're finally part of the family, now go kill a deer."
    (I'm the only one who doesn't hunt - yet)

My tat is a bear paw print with the word "Makwa" which is the Ojibwa word for Bear - my Ojibwa name, that my family has called me since birth. My next tat will be the word "Inodewisiwin" which means family (still trying to figure out where to put it). I'm not sure I will do too many other word tattoos, but who knows. I have lots of ideas, and things I will get done in the future, very likely including a snake.

I remember that Dane Cook episode (or whatever you call it) with the Monkey and coconut. I like Dane Cook - almost as good as George Carlin.

4. Flint

Flint Elite Member

That's awesome :) haha "go kill a deer" i can relate..

Yeah I gotta admit I'm not all that crazy about dane cook anymore. As I grew up I realized his jokes are only funny because of how animated he gets telling them. The story with the MFC tho, was from highschool. Me at 2 of my brothers had an art class together (the one that moved and the one that ended up doin the tat) and we all loved DC at the time. We also loathed our teacher. I could go on for quite some time about how horrible this guy was. Perverted, full of himself, yadda yadda. Well we used to have all kinds of fun tormenting him. Rearanging keys o his keyboard, hiding things, leaving for no reason. My personal contribution, was drawing a MFC on every single assignment I turned in. I would complete the assignment and somehow assimilate a MFC in there somewhere. He never said anything about it, we all found it hilarious. But hey, that's highschool for ya lol. So naturally that's what I chose to commemorate our friendship.

5. FervidBrutality

FervidBrutality Elite Member

I got my first one a couple months ago. It's a 6" tall cross with a ying-yang on the intersection. The original symbol of the cross represented the physical and spiritual planes; where they meet - is existance. The ying-yang obviously representing balance on and in existance.

I'm getting another one this Saturday! It's a detailed outline of a water monitor with the word "VARANUS" inside it - representing my love for monitors :) It'll go from my shoulder to my elbow.

I'll post pics of both when I get the new one done!

6. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

Hey Flint, I love that poem. Brings me back to the movie Dangerous Minds. That is the poem that was like the Bob Dylan song "mr tambourine man" Awesome movie and awesome poem as well.

my one and only tat I have is a symbol that was in the latest Project 86 studio album "Picket Fence Cartel" I got it the same night I got my first snake and was paid for with my Income tax return... Most people buy a new car, get caught up on bills, make a house payment. No I get a Ball Python and a Tattoo.

this is the tattoo I got
    176490_10150098427284621_615964620_6080058_3505560_o.jpg

Project 86 is a band that means a lot to me, not because there music is awesome or their lead vocalist is like one of my main influences, and an awesome writer. And it isn't because the band is a "Christian" Band.

This the band that lead me to Christ out of witch craft. Even though i was wiccan long before that day, I had liked project 86 since the beginning of their career, which I knew they where a Christian band from the start but their music was one of the best I have ever heard. Their live performance was one of the best. Andrew's writings was so deep and thought out.

In 2003 I seen them when I was crossing through Southern Cali, at Chain Reaction in Anaheim, CA. Their song "A Shadow on Me" had touched me so much earlier that week when I was listening to their 4th CD "Song to Burn Your Bridges By" I was touched by something. At the time i didn't know what it was, I pulled out my diary (or book of shadows) and I wrote Andrew a letter.

I had gotten ditched and stranded in South L. A. and made my way back to Anaheim. Well anyways sitting there in McDonnalds listening to that song I broke down, me and the guy that left me stranded had tickets to the show which was in the car. I knew I had to fight to get into this show, so all that week I collected bottles and cans to raise the $10. I had to talk to Andrew. Well, during that week I got so lost from reality of life I didn't know who I was or what I was doing, my faith in my goddess had venished and didn't know what to feel or how to feel.

The night before the show I was walking through a really rich area. it was chilly and I was cold. I stopped and I yelled out loud "God if you are real give me nothing more then a blanket and a safe place to sleep, let someone walk out of their home and help me out. I give you five minutes" I sat down in some ones lawn and waited and nothing happened. I cursed God and started walking again until I came to a Wal-Mart. I sat down outside because they where closed. A security officer making rounds seen me as soon as I started having chest pains and took me to the hospital. I received my blanket and a safe place to sleep.

the next day I went to wait out in front of Chain Reaction for the bands to show up. It was He Is Legend and Project 86. I went into the show when the doors opened and in the middle of the mosh pit during Project 86 playing a Shadow on Me I prayed a prayer for salvation. Afterwards I talked to Andrew and told him what I did. I went around the back of the building to make my bed up. One of the guys from He Is Legend seen me and came to ask me what I was doing. He told me no you ain't and told me to hold on. He brought me back $50, and told me to get a room for the night. Project 86 being from O. C. I went to ask Andrew where the closest one was. He told me he didn't know but had known what had happened and gave me another $50 to catch a cab, and his phone number and told me to call him the next morning. The next morning he came to pick me up and took me to his house, that night we I went with them to San Fransico, and came back with them. I stayed at his house for two weeks and he helped me with a bus ticket back to Texas.

I wanna share a few of the lines from the song
    "A Shadow On Me" By Project 86
    These petals, This blackened rose, In a soil all my own
    Shrouding your hallowed ground, Like seeds who'll never sow
    Like forgery and larceny, And my ill-gained revelry
    I recite these scripted lines, While embers of a different time...
    Go drifting by

When every word you ever said came true, All I missed in all of this was you

Can you see a shadow on me, Calling me to leave
    Find in me a trace of you in All this tragedy
    You're the only home I know

So take me in these fleeting moments, Of solitude in you
    Remove this fascination with shadow and remove
    This shattered self of preservation, This commitment to undo
    All that you forgave and give And all you promised to...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now the tat didn't come from that, I didn't get it till earlier this year. It kind of came from the following image though it was more or less a logo on the back of the CD, the fallowing image is actually on a t-shirt I have of theirs. But I love whats written on it.

logo.jpg

what is written on it comes from there song off there last album and is called "To Sand We Return"

Who do I belong To?
    Not Earth Not world
    Not Evil Not mortals
    Not wretches Not horrors

Who do I belong to?
    Unchanging Unbreaking Unfailing
    Creator Immortal Eternal

I am probley not like most Christians you'll well meet. When I was in witch craft, I wasn't into like most kids out of rebellion. I had a problem with a lot of Christians persicuting me for what I believed, shoving God down my throat, pushing there believes on to me. I didn't like that. I will share with you what I feel is true to me, but it is true to me way not be true to you or the next person. I am open minded, I feel that satanism is miss understood for what it really is and I believe it to be a very beautiful religion, such as Wicca, and Muslim. I am active in my church in so many ways. I do believe whole heartly in the Bible, however I feel in my heart there is more to it, and I have a very in depth explanation to it. I don't go to church because of religion and I do not consider my self religious. I have a place in the family of God and I go to church to fellowship. Most of the time you will find me in a sound booth at church. And I feel that all Christians should take the time to learn about other "religions" before witnessing. An atheist or Wiccan or Druid or something along those that don't don't believe in a Heaven or ****, or God or Jesus, or Satan is just not going to buy this well if you don't believe then your going to be eternally ****** to ****.

Ok sorry that was so long and I hope it made since on who I am, and I know it prob don't belong and the grammar sucked as well

Attached Files:

7. Flint

Flint Elite Member

That's pretty amazing. So awesome of the band members to help you out like that. Not very often you find yourself in a situation like that and it turns into a once in a lifetime experience.

And I certainly don't mind reading long posts lol, I make em all the time. I know some tattoos have a huge meaning to people, I find em fascinating, thanks for sharing yours!!

8. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

To date I have 33 tattoos, The majority being dragons, and tigers. I also have a hooded cobra done on the small of my back, the rest are various different animals like a couple unicorns, birds and a few flowers I want a back piece of a jungle scene that will have tigers, pythons, and an ig somewhere in the mix but I havent found anyone to draw it yet and I am no good at drawing.

9. FervidBrutality

FervidBrutality Elite Member

I got my monitor tat done!

And the one on my back is going to be redone in the next week or so - the guy who did it seriously can't do straight lines... At the same time, I'm getting and eye and a forked tongue added to the monitor one. :)

Attached Files:

10. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Any updates on the tats Fervid?
    Give us a show,lol

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Here's my two.
    DSC01020.jpg
    DSC01021.jpg

Attached Files:

12. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Even though I have already told you this, Zack, that tattoo is awesome! lol

I only have my two tats at the moment, but I am about to get two more done. My boyfriend wants to pay for me to get two more, so I figure why not go ahead and get a frog on my wrist and Ryuu's photo to finish my ankle wrap. :)

Here's my tat pics. The one of Ryuu is going to be his head and front legs with a broken band that looks like he is coming out of the skin.

Attached Files:

13. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

The one with Ryuu sounds very cool! Can't wait for that one!

14. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

That star... What does it represent? I have been seeing those a lot over the past few years, and they are mostly on the wrests of people and mostly girls...

15. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

That type of star is a nautical star, alot of sailors would get them, it offered them guidance and protection for their journey home.

16. gapeachkatie

just as michele said, it's a nautical star for protection and a safe journey for sailors. But, most 'kids' these days are getting them since they think it is the symbol for rock stars and emo music. :(
    However, mine has actual meaning to it due to the imperfection of the points. The solid point represents two of my friends that died in Iraq/Afghanistan, while the rest of the points represent friends and brothers that are currently military or police officers.

Oh, I just noticed the solid point, great way to represent your friends and loved ones!

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I am planning more tattoos. I think my next one has finally found a place (left shoulder) will be the word Inodewesewin, written beneath the Anishinaabe crest.

My boyfriend drew me a dragon tattoo that I requested, even though I can draw fine, I wanted him to design one, so I have something he did. I will be getting it before he goes to Afghanistan. I think that one is going to on my right wrist, but that could change.

I plan on getting some colored ivy leaves and vines across one shoulder, just under the collarbone, up over the shoulder, and to the base of the neck (only in places that can be covered by relatively normal clothing) and a symmetrical pattern of small colored stars over the opposing shoulder.

I have a long list of things planned out - enough to keep me busy for a while. These are only the ones I have settled on a location for. I have more in the imagination works.

18. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

I am planning some more too. I am wanting to include some tattoos with lyrics of some song thrown in it that have great meaning to me.

(the bold letters are what I want to implement into tattoo designs)

The Finisher is a song by Oh, Sleeper off there sophmore album "Son of the Morning" The song is talking about in the final days how Christ will destroy Satan.

"The Finisher" by Oh, Sleeper
    Do you mean to challenge me?
    Because your speech is threatening to the writer of your history,
    through a future perverted by envy.

Your whisper may sway the weak, but when I speak it roars the sea.
    Your challenge has been met, because with a breath I could snap your neck.

This wont be like the first time you tried,
    because my patience and mercy for you has run dry.
    You've watered among my bride and started seeds to feed your throning flight.

I will sing to the world your storm is capturing
    and the angles will join me...
    We will sing to a world reborn from suffering.
    But mark my words..

Because if that tree keeps them from seeing me
    I will burn off your limbs and you will never shade again.

You will bow at my feet, or I'll rip out your knees,
    and make of your face, all the carnage you crave.

I am the Finisher and I am Forever.

I will sing to the world your storm is capturing
    and the angels will join me...
    We will sing to a world reborn from suffering.

From the armories the angels sing.
    You will see them end this suffering.
    From the armories the angels sing.
    You will fear them when they lift their wings.

They will sing to a world reborn.
    They will sing as I cut off your horns!
    I'll cut off your horns!

Deathbed Athiest has a meaning that isn't what it means to be it is a song from the Latest Norma Jean album, about an atheist whom after spending so many time trying to prove the exstance of God a lie finely believes on his death bed. For me its more about suffering hard ships that I have gone through. I am only going to share the parts I want worked into a tat

Watch it all change and watch it go away.
    Watch it all never be the same again.
    Watch it all all be nothing like we thought before.
    Watch it all. Watch it.
    Watch it all be lies, ****** lies, statistics.
    Lie to me. Lie to me. Lie to me.
    Take it all in and take it all from me.
    Take it all and bury it deep inside of you.
    Bury your hands in the sand.
    You'll never use them on me again.
    Bury your hands in the sand.
    You'll never use them on me again.
    This is my Nightmare!!!

"Memphis will be Laid to Waste" was on the first Norma Jean album they did as Norma Jean, and their lead vocalist then now sings for the band named The Chariot, and The Chariots then vocalist now sings for Norma Jean (another band that did this was Bless The Fall and Escape The Fate). Anyways, the part of the song I want is actually done as by a Guest vocalist who is the vocalist for MewithoutYou (yes that is meant to be all one word). This was a song that was actually played at my daughters funeral when she passed at 5 years of age

Christ is not a fasion, fleeting away.
    Fasion. He laid emralds in her eyes but I'd already tried a bracelet made of gold and
    scarlet thread around her wrist. Everything was wrong, so we sang sentimental songs. "oh
    how seldom we belong, but how elegant our kiss!" We painted crooked lines, but we danced in
    perfect time to a love so much refined we know not what it is until like a dullen wine we
    pour into a grief we'd know before, but never quite like this. All I know now is regret,
    it follows like a sillouete along the cobblestone behind me, but has nothing much to say
    except to innocently ask, its voice delicate as glass "do you see me when we pass?"
    but I continue on my way.

I do want to work out wrest bands for both my wrists with project 86 relation. I want to with the bullet logo on my left with a full two inch black band something in red over the black I am working stuff out in my mind its all going to be symbolic to there songs on the right I want to use there dragon logo done in black about the same size as the other one with a two inch band with some stuff over the red in black
    Project_86_Dragon_by_Tahiro_san.jpg

and then one more I want to get is my Grandmothers tombstone tatted on me

Attached Files:

19. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Merlin I just knew you had dragons. :) does the red and blue have a significance?

All mine are done in black or tribal design. I will post pics this weekend.

Attached Files:

20. gapeachkatie

I have a tattoo drawn up that is angel wings made out of lyrics from two songs. I just have to find a tattoo artist that is good enough at small detail free hand, which i think I might of found. :)

The lyrics for one angel wing is a mix of Amazing Grace and Norman Greenbaum's Spirit in the Sky. The other is a mix of two Brantley Gilbert songs, Indiana's Angel and Halfway to Heaven. It is a weird mix, but it turned out pretty cool. :D

I was also going to get my grandma's headstone, but instead I am going to use a rose with her name in the petals to join the angel wings.