This Disappears When Logged In

Tarantula Molting Q

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by LoRno, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Tarantulas don't require any UV, so i would leave the light.

2. LoRno

LoRno Active Member

Once again thanks for all your guys' help, specially you Gabonica :). This just in though, Az has been making a circular like web aroudn the floor of her new settings; territorial issue? Also she's been trying to burrow, but at the time htere wasn't enough substrate, but I just added some in. Are Rose Hairs Naturally Borrowing T's? She also starts climbing the glass and keeps falling :p

3. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

Brazialian Blacks are usually a very docile species. Keep the same way as your Rosie.
    Tigerrumps are more skittish. They are a small species only getting about 4 inches. They are one of my personal favorites because of the color. Keep these in a smaller container on dry peat moss that is about 3-6 inches deep as they are a burrowing species.
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what the costa rican spider you are talking about. Is it a striped knee/costa rican zebra leg?

4. LoRno

LoRno Active Member

Thanks Brian for your info, and I dunno about the Costa Rican, that's all the guy said. I'm just thinking of future species I might want to add to my collection. A goliatch Bird Eater would always be nice :D , but I kinda like handling my friends which...that I would not...lol. So this burrowing thing...what's the point of it for T's? Is it kinda like the Trap Door Spider idea? Or something else..?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.