This Disappears When Logged In

Tarantula Cage

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by MadDog, Jul 28, 2012.

1. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

I traded my Madagascar hissing cockroaches for a pink toe tarantula a few weeks ago. I wasn't using the colony for my original purpose of breeding them so I decided a tarantula would be a good trade. For the first few weeks it was just in a plastic container I had laying around the house. Well this week I decided to make him a nice display enclosure. This is what a friend helped me set up. It has several different kinds of plants, but my favorite has to be a venus fly trap. I have to say, this is my favorite tank right now. Its my first planted terrarium. I hope everything does good. Fingers crossed! :)

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks great Justin!
    Pink Toes are so cute, has she found her favorite spot yet?

3. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

love those things :x nice setup!

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very nice presentation! Good job!
    Of course if it was in my house my wife would set up at night, with a flashlight, just positively certain that the spider would escape and come looking for her!

5. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

She certainly has. She stays on one of the pieces of bark in the back. Luckily she's a little hidden, but still visible. She's the hidden treasure of the tank. :D

6. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

That's too funny merlin! If it did get out, it'd only be because it wanted to cuddle. Lol

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

That's an awesome set up! Looks like you put a lot of work into it. I'm sure she'll thrive in it!

8. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Thanks Joey! It was actually pretty easy to set up. I just hope I can keep the plants thriving in it. I don't have the nest green thumb. Lol