This Disappears When Logged In

Tank stand design

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by Rebel-Gecko, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel-Gecko

Rebel-Gecko Member

Can you guys take a look at this and tell me what you think. I design this whiling looking at my entertainment center. I really need to maximize my space for 2, 10 gal. and a soon to have 20 long. Roughly the stand will be around 47 in. tall by about 48 1/2 in long. Under the 20 long side the will be open for the UTH. So if you have any add on ideas let me know.
    [​IMG]

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

What type of lights are you talking, 2 lights over a 10 gal is too much. And leos don't require that much either. Overall it looks good I'm just worried it may get too hot.

3. Rebel-Gecko

Rebel-Gecko Member

I didn't mean to put to lights on the drawing above the 10 gal. i didn't relize that mistake till i put it in ink so disregard the two lights there. As for the leo side. 1 light is for the night light. And I had heard a few times about people having another type light on there too. But that is merely cosmitic and does not have to have two there. By the way what color light at night is better red or blue?

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Are you sure you want overhead heatlamps above both sides of the Leo tank ? It would be best to have a warm and cool side.

5. Rebel-Gecko

Rebel-Gecko Member

Yes I know that as I said in the above post one light was for a nightlight kinda deal like a red or blue light low wattage. As for the other light I had heard of other people using a second during the day but I will probally not be doing that. The lights would be clamp lights so they would be pretty easy to remove even if I used two. Which I probally won't be doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.