This Disappears When Logged In

Tank Set Up Questions

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by brielle53, Mar 6, 2017.

1. brielle53

brielle53 New Member

Hi guys,
    I'm picking up my first snake this week. She's coming from the pet store I work at and shes a normal ball python. She's about 2-2.5 feet. I have to questions about tank set up.
    1. any suggestions for decor? Her water bowl will be Tupperware for now and I'm struggling to find a hide for her. I'm going to a reptile expo next month though but for now I wanted suggestions on things to add to her tank to make her happy.
    2. The tank (75 gal) I got came with an iron stand so the bottom has a shelf. I was wondering if eventually, I could put another tank on the bottom shelf? Would it be too heavy or would the lights be too close to the upper tank? Not sure what I would put there yet.
    Thanks!

2. Jay1718

Jay1718 Established Member

A hide can be as simple as a Tupperware container to a really elaborate cave. You can buy fake plants for decor, I always get mine from a craft store because they are a lot cheaper.
    I would have a few hides in the tank. As for the tank under the 75 gallon, I am not sure what would fit, but it is a neat idea