This Disappears When Logged In

Talyn's X-Ray pics

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

beautiful close up! i love them too. so pretty. :)

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Boy, Andrea talk about an "In your face" shot!
    I like it!

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

A good sign?

Here are some pics of Talyn today: (the first of seen of her in many days.)She's got part of her belly sticking out of the warm hide exposing it to more warmth from the CHE above. It's hard to tell from what's sticking out if she's getting bigger or not -- although from the amount of skin showing between her scales, I'm guessing she's getting bigger. But it's still the waiting game as far as her being gravid or not.

Sorry for the picture quality. I had to take it through the glass. I really don't want anything disturbing her.

[​IMG]

Edit: much later:
    Ok, I couldn't resist, I had to lift the hide box and take a peek. She's looking VERY BIG in the middle and her head area seems to be getting much darker (not just a shadow on the photo)

[​IMG]

What do you think?

4. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

woah she definitely looks pretty big in that one area. i don't know anything about snakes being gravid but thats interesting. :) cool looking enclosure too.

5. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

She's looking a little chunky, I've got my fingers crossed for you!

6. lizlover5

lizlover5 Well-Known Member

wow, beautiful. you make me wish i got one after all :)

7. BlackJack

Thanks everyone. She's in shed right now... I didn't think they shed when gravid, but a friend who breeds rainbows said they do sometimes.
    She's still behaving as though she's gravid: not moving around at night, staying under the hide on the warmest spot all the time, and not eating.

We'll see.
    Also I may be getting a male for her. He's gorgeous and has the same dark dorsal stripe she has. (Just negotiating a price on him.)

8. petsareusrescue

petsareusrescue Elite Member

xrays

Love the xrays, great pictures.
    Only time will tell.
    We had ball pythons who lived together for over 8 years never saw them do anything yet the female layed 8 eggs.:eek: :confused:

9. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow. That is amazing. I didn't know that any snake was a live bearer. And I have never seen a snake x-ray either. My whole family enjoyed that one. Taylin is getting more beautiful every time I see her. Good luck and congratulations.

10. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Great pics!

11. BlackJack

Thanks everyone. She's doing very well.
    She left me a smelly present today: so I'm happy that the small meals I've been giving her are going through fine. :)
    I'll offer her another small rat tomorrow night and see if she wants it.

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Andrea at least you know that THAT part of her metabolism is working!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.