This Disappears When Logged In

Talyn update continued

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grim

grim Elite Member

mount st hellens anyone :eek: :p She's gonna have really pretty babies

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

She is definately testing your patience!
    Fingers still crossed!
    For BOTH of you!

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Clearing

Mom always said "Misery loves company!"
    So if it seems like I'm teasing you all, I'm not... just trying to do something with this never-ending-waiting.
    She's clearing now from her blue phase. (Faster than usual) Does that mean something? Ugh At this rate, I'm going to have so much grey hair, I'll even LOOK like a grandma!!!

Here's a pic of "Big Momma" this morning:
    [​IMG]

I hope to post a more exciting thread soon!!!!:D

4. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

shes looking so fat.

5. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Her colors are so beautiful! I'm sure it's hard, and this is a cliché, but "good things come to those who wait"...I think the babies are going to be spectacularly beautiful with all the waiting she's making you do! :)

6. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

She's only taking so long because she knows shes got so many people in suspense!

7. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Haha, everytime I see you post Andrea I hope for good news...well when she finally does pop you should make a new thread with a big sign and bold letters. lol She's a beauty!

8. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

beautiful as always. i love the rainbowiness lol. i think she likes to keep us waiting because she knows she's driving us all crazy. hope the babies come soon so we can look at the tons of pics when they arrive. :D come on babies lets go!!

9. BlackJack

She's shedding now!!!! It's 10:00pm here in Switzerland and I WAS thinking of going to bed... how can I now?!!!
    HELP!!!!!!!!!
    OK it's now 11:00pm and she's finishing up her shed. Looks like 3 good-sized pieces. Normally she sheds in one piece, but this shed cycle went a lot faster than her others... nothing is "normal" these days. It looks like she's completely emptied her bowels... WOW!! unfortunately none of it looks particularly "waxy".
    She seems mellow and was very relaxed when I "cleaned up".
    I'm going to bed. I don't think anything else is going to happen tonight!
    Thanks for the continued support!!! :)

10. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

i will be awake with u now...gonna be sitting here waiting for that post...lol

I think all of us deserve 1 baby each because of all they stress you have given us...;)

11. BlackJack

That's true!! If the paperwork and shipping weren't such a hassle....:rolleyes:

No babies so far this morning. I'll keep waiting and let you know if anything happens.

12. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I second that! As for the paperwork, just label the box "decorative wooden ornaments, FRAGILE!" they will be none the wiser!

13. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

He he i think me and ricardo can get one then since we are so much closer than the rest.:D

14. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I should get one just because!

15. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I think that all the admin and mod staff should have first dibs!;)

16. venus

venus Founding Member

I 2nd that Merlin :D

17. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I totally agree......with Merlin and Marsha......hurry up Talyn....

18. BlackJack

Well the Swiss market suddenly seems flooded with baby BRBs!! :(
    Depending on how many she has, I may have to find a way to get the babies out of the country! I would love to give them to HC members/admins/mods. I couldn't think of better people to take care of them... so I'll keep you all posted if they'll be available in your country. :)

Lyn: how long after shedding did your boas give birth?? Or did they even have a pre-birthing shed?

19. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Let's see...Zena shed 1 week before and ate a medium rat 2 days before giving birth....I was surprised when I saw the babies that soon after feeding.......

20. BlackJack

Shedding and post-feeding pic

Thanks Lyn! It's good to know that it might be a while yet... according to my old calculations she'll be 8 months POS on the 11th or according to my new calculations she'll be 5 months on the 19th. Either way we have to be getting close to an end... don't we? :confused: :( :rolleyes:

Here's a shedding pic I took towards the end: her tail is still inside the shed at the back:
    [​IMG]

And this was taken a few minutes ago after she ate her little 40g post-shed rat.
    [​IMG]
    Since January she's lost about 100g. So I guess it's a good thing she's still been eating small rats throughout the gestation time. (Although this is often an indication that she's carrying mostly slugs).:(
    I've started adding Vitamin B and calcium to the rats as an extra boost.
    Hopefully she won't be in too bad of shape when this is all over!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.