This Disappears When Logged In

Talyn update continued

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Well our big gravid girl just shed and defecated.
    The stool is covered in a thick slime and looks like what I've read described as "waxy". I've taken photos of it, but I'm not sure if I should post a photo of a slimy stool here without warning. (???)
    So finger's crossed, wish us luck if that's what it is, I think she should be giving birth VERY soon!

The big question remains: will there be any healthy babies or just slugs (unfertilized eggs) or still-borns? I'm trying to prepare myself for every possibility. Mostly I just want this pregnancy to be finished!! (And I think she does too!!)

The second question remains: who's the father? :rolleyes:

So whoever reads this, please send positive birthing thoughts Talyn's way. It's our first time! :eek: :D

2. venus

venus Founding Member

You know you have my wishes,,,I am so excited for you,,,I hope they are healthy fat babies. When they come out,,just ask them...Whos yo daddy?

3. BlackJack

Pic of waxy stool

Thanks Marsha, :D LOL I'll ask the little worms...

Originally I posted the picture of the stool here, but I got a PM saying it wasn't the pre-birth "Wwaxy stool" I was hoping it was. So I took it out.
    Sorry to those who had to look at it! :)

4. venus

venus Founding Member

I dont know Andrea,,,i was trying to find a pic or something but no luck yet...but what I have found is that if thats it,,the babies arent far behind :D...**happy dance**....Hope someone can answer you soon.

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I cant give you my confirm but I can send tylan my best wishes! :D :D Good luck!

6. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Wow that IS disgusting. LOL, I hope she gives birth to a lot of healthy little babies. Congrats on her pregnancy being close to term.

7. Paige

Paige Elite Member

yuck! lol. send pics of the babies when they come!

8. BlackJack

Thanks for all the help and feedback. Trust me Marsha, I've looked for pics to compare. I only found one and it looked somewhat similar: more yellowish like the yellow part of the urates, but that boa died a few days later, so I'm not sure I want Talyn's to look similar... The main thing is, it looks different from her usual ones and that must mean something, right?

Her pre-ovulation shed was 140 days ago, so we really MUST be getting close.
    I WAS tired a while ago, but now I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep tonight! :)

9. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

congrats andrea!! It does look diffrent to a normal poop.Hope she drops in a dday or two.

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Heres hoping that everything goes according to plan and you soon are up to your ears in healthy little Rainbows!

11. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Do you think you'd ship internationally? As much as it's probably a terrible idea.:rolleyes:

12. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

sending best wishes to you and Talyn! hope to see babies soon! :D

13. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Hmmm...since you made us look at that nasty poo we'd better get twice as many baby pictures as you were originally planning on posting! I can't help you on if it means anything or not but we'll be eagerly awaiting any news!

14. BlackJack

deleted poo

Well I got some info from Bighill Reptiles; the stool should look like a pile of melted wax.
    So I guess it's not quite time yet. :(

So I've deleted the poo pic above. Sorry for making you all look at it :eek: Here's an older pic of mom-to-be Talyn to make up for it:

[​IMG]

And YES, when and IF babies do come, you'll get LOTS of pics to make up for it.

Beth, I'm not really sure what is involved in shipping internationally. I'd have to do some research on that: I think it could get pretty expensive.

15. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I figured as much LOL, I would just love one of her gorgeous babies because she is a gorgeous snake!

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for an equally gorgeous snake's babies to come along that are more in range.

16. BlackJack

picture today

Thanks Beth
    She really is a beautiful girl. Here's a post shed pic of her this morning curled up in her moss box.
    I didn't want to disturb her too much, but you can see how big she still is:

[​IMG]

17. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

she's looking great. :) how much longer do you think it will take?

18. BlackJack

no idea

I wish I knew!!! :D I REALLY thought it was going to happen last night, but obviously Talyn has a different timetable!

She took another small rat greedily this evening. When I say greedily: I'm talking about jump out of the box to grab it greedy!!:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rat wasn't much bigger than her head, so it didn't take long for her to get it down and she looked eager for more. But with so many eggs still inside, that's all she gets.
    I'm not sure if her eagerness to eat is a good sign or not... I've been offering her a very small rat about once every 10 days since February and she's always taken them. (She refused to eat anything at all in January shortly before and after ovulation). I just read about a female that laid only slugs who ate intermittently while gravid, so maybe it's not such a good sign. :confused:
    Talyn's weight is good, she has only lost 10 grams since January. She seems in top form. I miss handling her: I'll be happy when this gravid stuff is finished and I get my snake back! :p

While she was in her feeding box, I put my fingers gently against her side where the eggs are. I thought I could feel something move away from my fingers (not her muscles -- her body didn't move) But that also may be total wishful thinking on my part... complete hallucinations??? :eek: :rolleyes:

Keep sending good thoughts for a successful birth: I'll let you know as soon as anything happens!! Thanks for all the support!:)

19. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Good luck! (Im crossing my fingers for you and Talyn) :D

20. BlackJack

Some bad news:I just got Talyn's stool sample back from the vet today: she also has Strongyloiden/Rhabdias nematodes... I could kick myself a hundred times over for putting her together with a male (now my male, Crais) that had not been quarantined.
    The guy who sold me Crais had him tested a while ago, but lent him out recently to a friend for breeding. Obviously he came back infested with nematode parasites which he passed on to my friend's female and to Talyn.
    Now that I bought him, it's up to me to foot the bill for getting rid of the parasites. Crais is doing better, but I can't treat Talyn until AFTER she gives birth... the big question is if the babies have been infected/affected by the parasites or not.
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR stupid, stupid, stupid!!!
    Reminder: DO NOT LEND YOUR ANIMALS OR BORROW OTHER ANIMALS for breeding exchanges without proper quarantine procedures and testing!!!!!

Just the tests cost me US$50 each time and the treatment is a b"*ç% for both me and the snakes!!!
    I hope the babies are OK, but right now all I want is for this pregnancy to be over with so I can start treating Talyn!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.