This Disappears When Logged In

Talyn torn up

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I just saw this thread today. So sorry to hear Talyn got in an accident, but I'm glad she's doing better and that you found the source of the problem. Isn't this the 3rd time you'll be redoing Talyn's cage?

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

I didn't realize anyone was counting! :p Yes this is the third time I'm redoing the cage... it's not a complete over-haul this time though, like it was with the mites. I've taken everything out except her heating mat, a moist hide a shallow dish with moss to keep the humidity up and a water bowl. The substrate has been replaced with newspaper. This will have to be the setup until she's healed.
    Afterwards, most of the "furniture" will go back in: I will sand down her branch AGAIN (just for good measure). Anything screwed on will be carefully covered in wax or other soft material and the replacement lamp cage will be much more securely fastened to the ceiling and all edges covered.
    Basically I'm going to go over EVERYTHING with a stuffed nylon stocking: anything that snags will get filed, covered or removed!

PS --Monty's terrarium is going to get the same treatment!!

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Andrea instead of wax try a dab of silicone aquarium sealant. It won't soften in the warmth.

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

And you wont have to tip the cage upside down to get the wax on the screws! ;)

5. BlackJack

GREAT idea! I've been going over and over in my head how to get things right this time... didn't think of silicone! :D
    I was thinking of something along the lines of plasticine/plastiline but silicone is probably best.

6. BlackJack

Update on Talyn's wound

Here's the latest pic of that nasty wound -- almost 6 months after the injury.
    Talyn shed yesterday and with each shed, it looks better and better. I'm not sure if the darker areas under the skin are new scales that are forming. :confused: That sure would be nice. Either way, it looks SOOOOOOOO much better and doesn't stop her from anything!
    What a huge relief after such a bad experience :D

[​IMG][/IMG]

7. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

Wow! Just saw this thread today although I've read before about this accident.
    It was a nasty wound and it looks a lot better now.

8. deltro_star

deltro_star Elite Member

This is also the first time Ive actually "seen" the woud you were talking about Andrea but now that I have Im glad it healed so well Im sure its because all of your care and quick thinking to help her. ;)

9. BlackJack

Thanks everyone! It was a horrible experience, but I'm glad she's getting better now.

10. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

What a relief that it heals so well!

11. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

it looks great compared to the first pics. :)

12. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

way to go....the wound is healing very nicely. Kudos to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.