This Disappears When Logged In

tagged?

Discussion in 'General' started by caudalis_sa, Aug 23, 2006.

?

have you ever been tagged?

1. I have been bitten by a venomous snake

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. I have been bitten by a non-venomous snake

30 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. I have been bitten only by a lizard :p

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. I have never and am still waiting to get bitten by something

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippie05

hippie05 Elite Member

I live near the Narcisse Snake Pits where thousands of garter snakes migrate and I've been biten by a few short tempered females.

2. T-rex

T-rex Elite Member

i have been tagged by an adult black racer right on the chin lol:D and i have been tagged numerous times by other non-venomous snakes while out herping. my most recent was a midland brown got me right on he web of my index finger! some snakes hate me!!!!:D

3. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

well i am amazed so many people have never tagged haha...

i have never been tagged by a hot...never plan to! some close calls tho but you can only get better...lol But i always play it safe...don't take any chances...well most of the time

bites from non-venomous...haha i don't even count em anymore! in the field i get bitten all the time...nothing really. the only bite i have had that hurt froma snake was a baby african rock python...drew blood..lil bugger

lizards...lol... too many Nile monitor the worst and tie with second...bibrons gecko and tree agama..those guys don't let go

thanks for the response...keep em coming...quite interesting

4. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY Elite Member

Venomous- None YET. I plan to own them when I'm legally allowed to and I've heard there are two types of venomous keepers. One that have yet to be bitten, and ones that will.

Nonvenomous- Let's see. Been bitten by all my snakes except my roughscaled sand boas and male kenyan sand boa. My worst was my blood python(makes sense), next worse was the kingsnake who constricted me wrist with about 4-5 coils. Rest were only little snakes who've mellowed out now.

Lizards- Any form of defense that lizards display has happened to me. Tail thrashing(gotten this fomr tegus, monitors, spinytailed agamas), biting, and the worst, jet propelled feces.

5. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

ones that have yet to be bitten and ones that will?

haha...sound the same to me.... but i have also heard that about venomous keepers.... ones that have been bitten and ones that are still gonna be.

i plan to break the rule! succesful so far

6. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Well, I just got "tagged" by my largest ball python 2 nights ago. I was feeding (and I dont use tongs lol) and dangling the rat above his head...and when one of the kids took my attention away...bang! he latched on to my thumb and wrapped around my forearm in a flash...I got him to release after about 15 minutes...and ended up with a lot of teeth marks and bruising on my thumb....lesson be learned...pay attention lol.....

7. Paige

Paige Elite Member

I was bite twice by a wild caught corn snake, when Iwas younger :) It was scarey then, but now I am proud lol just kidding....I thankfully haven't been bit by my Tokay, but does anoles count? (big deal right, haha) Oh yeah and the other day my African Clawed frog grabbed onto my finger (didn't hurt) when I was hand feeding some mealworms and it wouldn't let go>just kept trying to shove it in...I was worried it wouldn't let go for a minute....and finally today I was "bite" by Matt's hermit crab! so I guess that about covers it...and when I get bite by my Tokay believe my you WILL hear about it!

8. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

What! Is there something wrong with getting tagged!
    LOL!

9. grim

grim Elite Member

i was thinking about it and i need to be more careful walking around here, its cooling down to rattler friendly temps here and i think a bite could cause my kidneys to fail....ive never been bitten but i misidentified a baby copper head right after katrina and came within inches of being nailed by it(had it in a shoebox).... only after i showed it to some dudes who told me what it was i realized how lucky i was not to get bitten by it... I'm alot more careful now... not that i wouldn't jump at the chance to photograph me a nice rattler....

10. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

I have been bitten by 2 out of the three iguana's. Only minor bites and no need for stitches or hospitals. LOL

Debbie Miss Zak and Bam-Bam

11. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

I have been bitten by a ball pythin and a corn snake. My iguana also bit me. There was blood every where. No stiches though.

12. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

haha i never realized iguanas cause soo much damage...lol

anyone got stiches from an iguana?

13. kremlinator

kremlinator Banned User

Bitten only by a lizard implies that it's the wussiest bite. I'd say been bitten ONLY by a non venomous wussfactory of a snake is the wussiest. I'd guarentee that a bite from a monitor does more damage than from a python.

GO LIZARDS!

14. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Well, I finally got tagged yesterday, and by the smallest snake possible..a baby corn. Ive been bitten alot by my monitor lately cuz he likes to fight me when Im giving him his meds, so he figures if he latches on to my hand and dosnt let go for a few mins he will get out of it haha..little does he know! A monitor bite is obviously gonna be alot worse then a snake bite, Id def. rather be bitten by a 12 foot boa then a 5 foot monitor, thats for sure!

15. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

i would have to disagree.... a monitor does alot of damage....trust me i have been on the sharp end of one more than once..haha

but a large python can do serious damage...mainly because their teeth are recurved... so your flesh just gets ripped off...nasty

check out this pic of an african rock python that got electricuted on a fence...poor snake but nice example of teeth!: http://cellar.org/2005/snake1.jpg

a croc is another story...they win i think..lol

16. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I take back my previous statement....Id take a monitor bite over that things bite anyday!

17. Tippmann357

Tippmann357 Elite Member

I got bit by my cat:p lol

18. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Adult iguanas can do some serious, emergency room trip type, of damage. I have seen pics of people with dozens of stitches due to iguana bites and I know of at least 2 people who have had fingers "de-gloved"!:eek: and yes it means exactly what you think it does. For some strange reason iguanas have the same type of teeth as a shark!
    A weird thing for a plant eater!

19. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

de-gloved...wow! a bit disturbing but kinda funny at the same time.... it is strange that iguanas have teeth like that hey

20. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I've been bitten more times than i could count, by both snakes and lizards (and can honestly say all were my fault do to mistakes or not paying attention) the worst was from an adult African rock python, not so much the teeth and bleeding but the bruise it left behind,,,,,ouch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.