This Disappears When Logged In

tagged?

Discussion in 'General' started by caudalis_sa, Aug 23, 2006.

?

have you ever been tagged?

1. I have been bitten by a venomous snake

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. I have been bitten by a non-venomous snake

30 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. I have been bitten only by a lizard :p

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. I have never and am still waiting to get bitten by something

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

I was just wondering....how many people out there have never ever been bitten by snake? Including non-venomous.... are there any people?

2. kagerou

kagerou Elite Member

So far I haven't been bitten, knock on wood. I've had couple close calls while herping though.

3. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

I'm assuming that you mean among those who own snakes? I don't own a snake (yet, but soon I hope) and have never been bitten by any snake.

4. grim

grim Elite Member

im not stupid enough to get myself into a position where i would be in danger of being tagged by a venemous snake, thats what snake hooks are for hehe

5. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY Elite Member

It takes the slightest misplaced finger. Never underestimate something that knows it can kill you.

6. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Never been bitten by a snake here, I wish it would hurry up and happen tho :D

7. Dawg

Dawg Elite Member

ive never been bitten by one of mine but our local petstore has a corn that wouldnt eat (it was 3 of 4 months old and never ate) so i was in there and split a pinkies head open and gave it to him and once he smelled the juices he was hungary and took a snap at my hand once he let go he ate the pinkie. he eats well now

8. thejoie

thejoie Elite Member

well, me and my little Dyna have gotten off to a good start. No nips yet!

9. Queen 'O Green

Queen 'O Green Elite Member

My friend's Kingsnake nipped me once. But I don't think that counts 'cause he didn't actually hold on, he just gave me a warning. It felt really weird though.

10. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I WAS the president of the 'not bitten club' till I got bit lol.

11. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

I had a close encounter with a Western Diamondback Rattler in northern California when I was 12 but it didn't bite me.
    I was bitten once by my garter snake when I was 14, and more recently: 5 times by my rainbow boa, Talyn, 3 times by our baby chondro, Aeryn, and once in the heel by my new rainbow boa, Crais. ... pretty soon I'll lose count ... :)

12. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow you must smell really appetizing! ;) With the number of bites you've had I would steer clear of Retics and Anacondas if I were you ;)

13. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

I got my first snake bite a couple of weeks ago :) :)

Kind of strange being so pleased aboutit lol It was my new female royal and it was only a warning - she didn't hang opn or anyhting but I was rather pleased to get it out of the way lol

14. SpindleHead

SpindleHead Elite Member

The worst thing to ever bite me was a very upset female Water Dragon. She drew blood too,LOL. I haven't been arounds snakes enough to have been bitten by one.

15. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Bitten,...which time?:rolleyes:
    There should have been a choice for multiple options! I have been bitten by snakes AND lizards!
    So far managed to avoid any venomous bites.
    But I generally give those guys plenty of room!:cool:

16. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

well i was gunna post no but i have just literally been double tagged by my boa. I blame me sisters friend who asked me if i have ever been tagged by her and i said no with her in my hand.

17. venus

venus Founding Member

joie be glad I didnt send you #7..I call her Satan!!! shes evil.

Unfortunately I got tagged for the first time this year by Majestic my female ball python...she hates me :p...Tagged many times by the beardies, they truely have some powerful jaws.

18. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

My one and only venomous bite was not a pleasant experience. I have been bitten so many times by non-vens that I can't remember.

Craig

19. frenchc

frenchc New Member

I've been bitten by plenty of colubrids in the wild and captivity, but by far the most painful bite I've ever received was from a leopard lizard that drew blood and caused a massive bruise. He held on forever.
    I have seen someone get tagged (not envenomated) by an eyelash palm pit viper in the wild. He suffered no serious ill effects and was able to avoid a hosital visit.

20. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It's not always a question of stupidity but of carelessness. One moment of not paying complete attention to what you are doing and BAM!:eek:
    Thats one of the reasons I personally don't keep hots.
    I am easily distracted!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.