This Disappears When Logged In

Tagged!! Woohoo!!!

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by Flint, Nov 19, 2010.

1. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

once i was bitten by a hungry adult ball python (took a while to get him off) and a full grown macaw in the same day....the bird was MUCH worse. i had an impression of the snakes teeth on one hand and a puncture wound on my finger on the other hand. fun day

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

That would be a very bad day, beaks, claws and sharp teeth!:eek::eek:

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

fully grown macaw - you're lucky you didn't have broken bones.

4. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Gosh I was bitten by a young macaw once when I was a little kid. He didn't even draw blood, he was perched on my arm and bit my shoulder just to pull himself up onto my head lol. But that was enough to make me very wary with large birds. They are gorgeous, but I'll stick to my non-avian reptiles :D

5. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Oh and a quick update, Jacket is getting much more accustomed to me. Today I was able to just reach in, stroke him lightly to let him know I was there, and slowly picked him up. He of course gave me that beautiful s-curve but he didn't move away or make any lunges at me. Once I got him out, no more s-curves. And i can touch and pet his back and neck without much response, even close my hand around him. Earlier this would have sent him into a convulsion lol.

He did strike at me on sunday, but that was right after he took down a medium rat and I was wondering how to get him back in his cage from his feeding tank lol. I happened to wave my fingers at him and he struck, but hit the glass of course. So no waving little fingers when he's in feeding mode haha. Eventually I just reached in without hesitation and smoothly picked him up and led him into the cage. He lunged at me soon as I touched him, but he was bluffing. His mouth was closed, he was trying to scare me lol. It didn't work, so he just went along with it and returned to his cage.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Uh,....DUH! LOL!;)

7. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Because of my Lyme Disease, I have to have daily IV injections of antibiotics. I'm not afraid of needles, but I'd rather get bit by one of my snakes.
    Also, I have been bit by horses several times, and have some pretty ridiculous scars from those. One time my finger nearly came off (it was definitely my fault, as I was sticking my fingers in his mouth. But that is an animal that packs 1600 lbs of pressure per square inch into a bite, so I'd say I'd rather face a snake.

8. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

i was lucky, i managed to wrench my finger out of his mouth before he did any real damage; plus he isnt really a mean bird it was a warning i think. the thing is they dont just bite down, they bite down and then wiggle their jaws back and forth like they are going to crack a nut (or your knuckle:)).

and i too would rather take a bite from my snake than a horse, they crack through carrots like its nothing and i have seen a mean horse go through 3 layers of clothes and break skin.