This Disappears When Logged In

T.blondi

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by Pharoahound, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

I was moving my female T.blondi into a bigger tank today and of course the cat jumped up on the desk and startled me,causing me to sort of smack her with the tongs i was using to coax her into a bin. And I have never seen an angrier spider, she Almost got my pinky and was in a threat posture for about 30 minutes...safe to say she stays in her old enclosure another night.

Also is anyone on here selling tarantulas or spiderlings?

2. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

Not selling anything, but How do you keep one of these? i've read a lot of conflicting information on these (dry vs wet), and was just wondering how to care for them?

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Only thing worse than a tarantula in my house is a ticked off tarantula in my house. ;)
    I do appreciate them behind glass in OTHER peoples houses. They are very interesting. So many species as well.

4. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

I'm worried about wet molts so I mist about 1/3 of the enclosure every 3 days. She is the most active spider I've had and I've had no problems whatsoever ever with her with the substrate. She used every inch of her 20glong so she's going in a 100 gallon display tank. She's about 4 inches from leg to leg.

5. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

100 gallon................. for a spider!!! im jealous! i want the 100 gallon for my beardies!

6. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

And for me they're as easy to care for as my rose or pink toe. They just need lots of space! And eat a lot. Sweety takes down large Dubias and horn worms like their candy. I have about a foot of soil in the new tank-and ore made about 4 burrows for her. One I keep moist. A lot of decorations means more activities and things to climb and play on!!! I change things around every couple weeks or months to keep it fun. A water dish-she goes in and Drinks regularly.