This Disappears When Logged In

Sychronized shedding?

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by Hippolyta, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hippolyta

Hippolyta Member

Pretty much ALL of my snakes are in shed this week it seems and I thought this was pretty wierd since they are all different ages, sizes, and have different parameters. Ok so only two of them are pythons but I couldn't really find a better place to put this, sorry. Anywho the only similarity between any of them is that I generally feed everybody on the weekend. Any ideas about why they are all shedding at once?

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Coincedence, I've never heard anyone say all their snakes shed at the same time. But it is a full moon so....

3. Todd

Todd Elite Member

Definitely a good topic of conversation. I would say it's coincidence as well. With the environment being consistent for all of them as well as feeding schedules, it's not unlikely that the timing would be right for all of them to occasionally shed at once. :)

4. venus

venus Founding Member

I agree, it has to be a coincidence, mine feed at different times and sometimes shed at the same time. ;)

5. Python John

Python John Elite Member

i dont know, ive heard of it before

it might also be, if they are in the same room, and their enclosures are close to each other, it might be like the female monthly system, sometime they end up going in sync with that

maybe its a coincidence, maybe not

6. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

I was going to say the same thing John! - we have noticed that quite often certain snakes shed at the same time, in particular snakes that are housed together, like the 3 adult female corns, and the two hogg island boas. It may well be coincidence, although there may be something out there... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.