This Disappears When Logged In

Swiss Frog

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by BlackJack, Aug 5, 2011.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Here's a frog that hangs out in my friend's bamboo garden...(in Switzerland.) He's probably about the size of my hand -- so pretty big IMO
    ID?

397977930.jpg

Cute isn't he?

Attached Files:

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

He is cool looking.

3. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

He is well fed and handsome, what a "lovely" smile.

4. BlackJack

I'm guessing this guy is a "Rana temporaria L." but I don't know for sure.

My friends have a three-story house (if you count the cellar level where the entrance is.) The bamboo garden starts at the cellar level and reaches the third floor. On each floor of the house you can look through a window at the beautiful bamboo trees. SOOOOOO cool!!
    There is a metal grate on the ground level and the bamboo grows up through it. Sometimes frogs come hopping along and fall down to the cellar level. I don't know if they can get back out or not. My friends have set up a few large dishes for them that catch rain water and there are currently about 5 frogs living in there. I took this picture through the glass window in their entrance hall on the cellar level.
    There is another frog in the photo -- greenish and a bit smaller and hard to see: He's in the same position but facing the other direction. Look between the brown bamboo stem and the green bamboo stem just to the right but not as far back as the yellowish stem. Can you see him??? :)

5. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Dude...awesome frog!! I have no clue what he is! I see the other frog too! :)

6. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

He's so cute and BIG!

7. BlackJack

It's funny, they have a childrens teddy bear lamp (looks like a giant gummy bear) in the corner that turns on at night for a few hours with an orangey glow.
    Every night all the frogs come out and turn towards it, like they're praying to the glowing teddy bear!
    Yay, you found the other frog Kat!! :)