This Disappears When Logged In

~*super Kansas*~ 2015's Photos

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by Bolt, May 14, 2015.

1. Bolt

Bolt Member

Hello, fellow herp lovers!!!!
    It is I, Ava, proud owner of Kansas City Missouri Boston Texas New York Oklahoma. Yes, loooooong name. Hehe.

I LOVE photography (sorry, Mom, for filling up your computer with pics) and taking pictures of Kansas, a Bearded Dragon, is one of the best.

My super lizard (we call him Super Kansas about 10% of the time) likes to strike poses. Whether it is looking at a magazine, eating a flower, or licking my Chihuahua's nose, he always wants his picture taken. So, where better to post it than here?

Before we get to photography, Kansas himself would like to explain his name:

You see, it all started out about 5 to 6 years ago, when I was just brought home from Pet Smart. Ava happened to be studying the states and chose only the finest (her favorites) for my name. It is quite simple.

Close enough. :)

Ok, time for pictures! I will post pictures on here whenever I get the chance! :D:D:D

~*~ PICTURES ~*~

GKrTyMT.jpg
    Looking up at a plane flying over

na3m9f5.jpg

In the weeds (wildflower background!)

Promise to post more soon! Dog got into trash!

With Cameras and Lizards and Naughty Dogs,
    ~ Ava and Kansas

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

What do you shoot with?

Love the first shot. good DoF and nice sharpness at the eye :)

3. Bolt

Bolt Member

I normally use my Sony (sorry, don't remember exactly what kind it is. :p) but occasionally I will use my older sisters more professional camera (nope, can't remember what kind that is either!)

Another gorgeous day outside has me taking Kansas out for a longer-than-usual walk (wont be home tomorrow. Got a rabbit show). It is so green outside that I couldn't stop taking photos! :D Had the opportunity to post some before I pack up my grooming supplies.

SSz9alU.jpg
    Green only (I like my part-color setting.)
    zvVmobn.jpg
    In the Grass (Full color now. :) )
    Iif57JL.jpg
    A Much Different Snack (clover. Sorry it is blurry. Love it though. :p )

~Ava and Kansas

arojas7112 likes this.
  4. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Use what works for you :) it's cheaper LOL

I decided I needed to go back to college to get a Certificate in Photography so I could learn all the bells and whistles on my new digital camera... Highly addictive once you know how to use it... than we start needing lenses for different uses.... than there are flashes... tripods, with tripod heads because they never come the way you NEED it... In the past year and a half I have dropped $5k plus in my camera gear and my list of needs just keeps growing :(o_O:eek:

5. Bolt

Bolt Member

Oh, wow. I only do photography as a hobby. Hehe, I didn't know you could go to college for it (just goes to show how much I know :p ). What do you photograph?

Finally got home from the rabbit show and decided to take some of Kansas's 'welcome-home-human' pictures! :D Here is one of them; need to clean up the table!

eRIwMrE.jpg
    Welcome Home (mad at me for not being there 24-7)

~Ava and Kansas

6. Bolt

Bolt Member

Well, just so happened that I was able to post another picture or so. :D Hoping to do another round this evening when the sun is setting. :)

dKu3ydb.jpg
    Again in the weeds (ok, not exactly 'weeds' but flowers and rocky ground)

fRCfaaZ.jpg
    Looking to the Left (This one might be the best of the day I took)

arojas7112 likes this.
  7. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

I do a lot of different images but my passion are these lizards...

0156140921-3.jpg 0241150211-13.jpg 0241150211-26.jpg 0243150214-14.jpg

arojas7112 likes this.
  8. Bolt

Bolt Member

I love them all, but especially the top two!!! The second one looks like all the wild lizards we see where I live. :) I would love it if you wouldn't mind sharing more. :)

More pictures! I am so totally addicted to my camera!!!! :D :D

7Bu8kW1.jpg
    My Avatar (took it kind of at an angle)

OPtoG1W.jpg
    Super Lizard :)D)

ZPdqB26.jpg
    See the Scales (ok, so I couldn't change the blurriness of the eye. It mainly got the scales. :p )
    OlXIvdN.jpg
    Yellow Bloom (Really random. This was just minutes before Kansas ate it)

Oh, well. Need to go take him out soon!

~Ava and Kansas

DwarvenChef likes this.
  9. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

0296150430-7.jpg 0296150430-34.jpg

Alaska ride down to Denali HOG trip AK.jpg

10. Bolt

Bolt Member

All of them are just incredible! :D The first lizard (my family calls them Tree Lizards :p) looks like he was posing for the picture!

And now it is time for more pictures!

iJVelVD.jpg
    Untitled (he was staring at nothing in particular. Hehe)

YJ1sRsF.jpg
    Single Color World (my older sister thinks this is the most amazing thing :p)

More to come later! Hope I am not putting too many on. (I am an avid photographer; nothing can stop me. )

~Ava and Kansas

11. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

12. Bolt

Bolt Member

Single color pictures seem to be my favorites today. Or this week. :p

hD7INdH.jpg
    Hanging On (He was sitting on my knee.)
    iInvj8f.jpg
    Odd (no other title. Hehe.)

More picture and photos will be up soon. I hope to get new ones, but the weather here is horrible (rain, lightning, humidity, mud).

With Lizards and Dogs,

~Ava and Kansas