This Disappears When Logged In

Sunglow Red Tail Boa or Albino Ball Python?

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by Hkg, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

I might be buying a sunglow red tail boa. I'm not sure if it's Bci or bcc but I showed my friend a pic of it and he thinks it's a ball python. What do you think? And how can I be sure if I do get it. Normally I wouldn't worry. But some how he convince me it might be a ball. Haha.
    image.jpg

2. ExoJoe

ExoJoe Established Member

Looks like a boat by the coloration of the tail. But to be sure a python will have visible pit holes below the nostrils. In boas they don't show.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Your friend is mistaken. Its a boa constrictor imperator morph

4. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

Boa. The tail pattern is characteristic of redtails. Ball Pythons have a wider head and they are much more stout-bodied. This is a 100% boa and a really pretty one at that:)

5. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Not sure how they got Ball out of that, RT boa and agreed a beautiful one.

image-2_zps8f7a0d66.jpg

Pic fixed

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  6. NoahGotHerpsDewd

NoahGotHerpsDewd Well-Known Member

Deffianately not a BP. Don't see how anyone could've mistaken that tail for anything else lol..

7. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

Thank you! I knew he wasn't a ball python. But my friend was convinced other wise so I needed to prove wrong. He is a pretty snake. I'm suppose to pick him up on Sunday. Thanks for you help.

- - - Updated - - -

I know right! And thanks, he is very pretty. Thank you for fixing the pic. It looks much better. If all goes accoriding to plan I'm picking him up on Sunday and will post more pics. Thanks again!

8. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Its a BCI albino common boa. There are no true red tail morphs so it is not a BCC. Def not a ball python :)