This Disappears When Logged In

Such a Silly Girl!

Discussion in 'Garter & Water snakes' started by Joy81, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

Well I have come to the conclusion that I am totaly in love with my little Garter Snake, Flash. When I was a kid I brought home countless snakes only to have my mom make me take them back. Now that I have Flash, my husband and kids love her, and when my mom visits even she seems to like her! She is so sweet and friendly, even my 4 year old carries her around and plays with her. (supervised of course!) Who knew such a little snake could charm so many hearts!

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Ah... It's that way with all the herps in the world. Now if only I could get my husband to see it that way. :)

3. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

Your hubby doesn't like your critters? Thats sad. My hubby is allergic to things with fur, we have 2 Degus, and a little Budgie, and he's supper ichy, and sneezy around them all, we have had dogs, cats, rats, bunnies,and even a nasty hedge hog. The snake has been great for him, little does he know there will be more! LOL!

4. schlegelbagel

My hubby loves my frogs. Its the snakes he won't let me have! I'm still working on that.

5. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

That is just sad, doesn't he know there is nothing cuddlier than a snake! LOL! Do you have lots of froggies? I had a bullfrog once, raised him from a tadpole, his name was Gus. My mom made me let him go when he got his legs. :( I have always wanted a Whites Tree frog, they are sooo cute!

6. schlegelbagel

I do have lots of frogs.

6 whites tree frogs
    4 fire belly toads
    3 red eye tree frogs
    1 ornate horned frog

and hopefully this weekend I'll be picking up a baby pyxie frog. :)

7. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

I saw a pyxie frog at pet smart the other day. There is nothing pyxie about them! He was bigger than a soft ball! He looked like he could eat pyxies for breakfast. lol

8. schlegelbagel

Yes, nothing little about them. However they are adorable when they are babies. Almost pyxie-ish. They have a wonderful light green stripe down the back of their bodies and almost have a green glitter to their skin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.