This Disappears When Logged In

Substrate Option

Discussion in 'Substrates/Bedding/Flooring' started by Toadie78, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

would bed a beast be a possible substrate for leos?

2. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I wouldnt think so...

Leos are hunters and grabbing at a cricket will definitely mean the stuff would get into their mouths....and that could cause impaction....I would use repticarpet or something similar....good luck...Lyn

3. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

yeah thanks i was just curious...autumn scared me this morning i went to mist the moist hide a bit n didnt know she was in there and out she pops. afterwards she went back in and started lapping the drops of water off the side of the tub. I can tell this cuz its a clear tub

4. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

As Lyn said it could pose as a threat of impaction. While your geckos are so young I would recommend paper towels. We used repticarpet to start with but noticed that their claws kept getting stuck, as did their teeth/mouths when they went for a cricket. Paper towels are by far the safest and cheapest option.. and you could provide a litter area, since they go to the toilet in the same place. :D

5. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

What do you mean by litter area? I am using paper towels right now but am thinkin bout switching to some shelf liner stuff that i got a few weeks ago its just a pain to have to cut it.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Since they generally go in the same area if you place a smaller sheet there say paper towels, then you only have to remove and replace that little peice as opposed to removing the entire bottom liner.

7. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

Ah i gotcha now cool....

8. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Slate, all the way! My favorite for leos anyway.

9. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

well i got some Zoomed Repti Cage Carpet was on sale for 5 bucks i like the look better than papertowels. but ill still use pt's for the litter area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.