This Disappears When Logged In

Substrate for Torts

Discussion in 'Substrates/Bedding/Flooring' started by Fern, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fern

Fern Well-Known Member

How about reptile carpet thing for tortoises? Is that alright? Would AstroTurf be a good substitute for that?
    Also how can I subscribe to a thread?

2. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

You can subscribe by using the "thread tools" drop down menu. You can also go into your personal settings and set it up so that you are subscribed to any thread you start or reply in.

I think that the reptile carpet would be better than astro turf because it won't frey, and is less likely to catch the toes...

3. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

While repti carpet is good it's a little expensive. Indoor/outdoor carpet from Home depot is WAY cheaper.
    I use it in my CWD enclosure and a 6 foot by 6 foot piece cost around $15 dollars ($2.45 per linier foot)

4. Fern

Fern Well-Known Member

I ended up getting some repti carpet. I accidentally got twice as much so that made me feel a lot better about how much I was spending. ;) I really ended up sending the same amount.:p Maybe I should buy too much every time just to feel good when I return and have only half as much to pay back to my mom. That would be sort of stupid if I ever lost the receipt.:eek::eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.