This Disappears When Logged In

Stryker Got an Upgrade Today!

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by CryHavoc17, Oct 21, 2013.

1. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

So I've been wanting to upgrade sryker for a while now and haven't found anything I like for him at the right price. Craigslist to the rescue! Its a sliding glass door melamine cage. Dimensions are 4' long, 2' deep, and 18" tall. I'm still going to have to put a little money into it, but it works perfectly fine. There are just a few things about it that tick me off, which of course I didn't discover until I had bought it and was starting to set it up. For one the glass needs to be replaced eventually, its got a few nicks in it. Also the ceiling fixtures were not wired well. The seams also need to be resealed. Ill still be coming out ahead over buying a brand new cage, so its all good, its just more work then I was hoping to do. The furniture layout is still very much a work in progress, so please forgive the sparse decor.

20131021_140607.jpg

2. thinkbig317

thinkbig317 Elite Member

Very nice!!!!

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

That looks nice actually. Lots of potential in it and tons of room! I see your carpet is putting some good size on, it's looking good!

4. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Thanks joe! He's doing pretty good. He's at about 5' now. Still no luck getting him to take rats, so keeping him full on large mice is a pain in the butt!

5. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

i had to let peaches go almost 3 months with out food before she took a rat. i still cant get her to take a f/t or f/k. so i have to sit and watch her till she kills the rat. it is a pain but she is so much better off on rats(so is my wallet). when i got peaches in Febuary of this year she was 2440 grams, 5-6 mice a week. now she is 2928 grams

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

My JCP was a pain to switch to rats, but in the end, I was the stubborn one. "You will eat rats, darn it!"

I won. He eats rats.

Stryker sure has some nice markings.

Since your cage is glass, have you considered anchoring things to the walls? if you put a drop (and I mean a drop - more like a smear) of cooking oil on a suction cup, it becomes almost impossible to remove without a knife. Would be a nice sturdy way to anchor vines or climbing branches to your walls.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

7. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Here he is enjoying his perch. He hides a ton, I don't catch him out and about very often.

20131025_011426.jpg

8. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

20131027_225850.jpg

You know those projects that you say to yourself "I can knock this out in an afternoon" and then it takes two days and 5 trips to lowes? I had one of those weekends. Moved the hotspot so it lined up with the cage underneath it, added an electrical box to the light fixture for fire safety, striped and recaulked all the seams. That was the "I need to fix this ASAP" to do list. Next up is tricking out the interior furniture layout

9. MicahC

MicahC Elite Member

Lookin' Good!

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Just about every project I do!

11. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Story of my life. And where I live, we have a home depot practically next door (Boo) so a trip to Lowes (Yay!) is like an hour drive.

My hubby works for HD, but I'm a Lowes fan, so we are kind of a house divided.