This Disappears When Logged In

Stress Prevention

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by caters, Jun 19, 2016.

1. caters

caters Member

I only have 1 pet and that is a dog. My cat I had died this year. My momma thinks it is from a big hairball he couldn't get rid of via regurgitation or pooping. So yeah he unpleaseantly died from starvation. We tried to help but it just made it worse. My dad made a coffin for him and buried him in the ravine out back.

I am wanting a lizard(either a gecko or a bearded dragon) but I don't know where to put all the supplies for it. I was thinking that since my dad works on building things all the time(school and work) that he could build a custom cage for the lizard. He could also build a divider if I want to start off with a baby lizard. My room would be good. Just 1 problem. It is messy and I would need to straighten things up there. Books are easy as are papers. But I have some big things in there that I can't put anywhere else(such as boxes) or it would block me from my bed or some other important stuff in my room.

But if I put it in the living room I would be worried about my dog scaring, injuring, or eating the lizard and if it is scared I don't know how I could find it without luring the dog to the lizard. I would prefer a bearded dragon due to it being an omnivore and able to chill out with you no matter what you are doing despite the more difficult care. Is there any way besides restricting where the dog goes(like keeping it outside on her leash while I handle the lizard) that I could prevent or at least reduce the chance of my dog scaring, injuring, or eating the lizard while still regularly handling the lizard and doing daily business(feeding the lizard and all that)?

And is there a way I can get the lizard to see that my dog is not a predator(I am pretty sure she wouldn't eat a lizard on purpose and that the most she would do is injure the lizard)?

2. Buggy0123

Buggy0123 Established Member

If I were you I would keep your future pet far away from your dog. I'm sure your dog is an incredible animal and very sweet but dogs are unpredictable and its better to be safe than sorry.