This Disappears When Logged In

Strange Leo Behavior

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Yellowfang15, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Yellowfang15

Yellowfang15 Well-Known Member

I have noticed over the past 2 weeks that my leopard gecko, Murdoch has been lounging in his cool hide during most of the day. He comes out at night to look around and take a nibble at a mealworm, but other then that he stays in his cool hide. He has his UTH and warm hide complete with a night basking bulb because he likes to go on top of his log sometimes. He is eating and digesting normally and no other behavior changes beside that. His hot spot is 97° and cool side is 74°. When I take him out of his tank he also has his same usual behavior of trying to sit on my head.

Should I be worried?

2. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Lower the hot side temp a little bit. He's probably spending more time on the cool side because he doesn't need to spend as much time warming up with that temperature.

3. maddie

maddie Well-Known Member

He's always on the hot side instead. Which is mid 90s during the day. At night I keep a heat lamp on because my room gets cold so it drops down some.
    I found him in his hide not too long ago so that's better. I'm just mainly worried about him not eating anything.

4. maddie

maddie Well-Known Member

^^^ ignore this. Sorry