This Disappears When Logged In

Stormy

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by pandorasbox, Oct 8, 2012.

1. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

I went to my parents' house this weekend for the first time in a few months and they warned me ahead of time that Stormy had been acting sick this week... I went with my mom to the vet with him and the bloodwork was bad... he had lost 4+ pounds (from 16+ to 12+ pounds weight) in a short time, bad counts on liver and pancreas... they gave him fluids and a few shots and told us they would call on Monday with results on if he had blood parasites. He progressively got worse from there... I called off work today... I didn't think he would make it through last night, every few hours he would start crying out and need comforted... he didn't want held for long periods of time and would try to get back on the floor... his body temperature was dropping and his mouth was jaundiced. he wouldn't eat, but he would drink a little bit. the vet called in the morning and asked how he was doing... and said there wasn't really anything more that we could do. my mom didn't want to euthenize him (and although I thought it would have been right, I couldn't argue with her). he seemed to linger and a limbo all night and day, occassionally crying out or attempting to walk every hour or 2... he crossed the "rainbow bridge" at around 3 pm this afternoon.

he was 12 years old... the last litter of kittens born at my parents' house before they finished spaying and neutering them all. I was 14 then and he was my baby. he even lived with me at college for a few years, but we decided that it would be better for him to stay with my parents after that instead of moving an aging cat around every few years, and he did not like the urban noises that are absent at my parents' house in the country. like the pounding bass at the moment...

pretty much undiagnosed... my brother in law and sister thinks it might be "feline triad disease"... which makes sense but doesn't give a lot of answers either. they had a cat that is related that died of that. Stormy's mom (age 15) is still living, along with a brother who was born 3 months before him... but I do recall one of Stormy's siblings being very sickly and dying as a kitten. the vet said there was also a possibility of cancer... there was kind of an odd mass inside him but the vet thought it was an enlarged kidney. he had always been a little bit sickly... had issues pulling out his fur a lot of the time, requiring steroid shots, but not recently. very sensitive skin. they ruled out FIV and feline leukemia... my parents will bury him tomorrow.

I don't think I've ever cried more in a day... When I got home, I couldn't even yell at Princess for sharing my shells and cheese with herself when I got up to get a drink.

cokLml.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Sorry for your loss :(

3. Genko

Genko Elite Member

So sorry. My deepest sympathy is with you...

God bless.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

So sorry to hear about Stormy passing away! Rest in Peace, I'm sure that he is rolling around in catnip, chasing mice now that he has crossed the rainbow bridge.
    Remember the good times with him

5. cctbspencer

cctbspencer Elite Member

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there, I did not die.

I do not remember where I saw this, but believe that it is fitting. I am sorry for your loss.

6. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Rest in Peace beautiful boy!
    So sorry for your loss it sounds like he had a wonderful life and was well loved!

7. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( At least there's comfort in knowing he's no longer in pain.

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

He had a good life and it was time to leave and get ready for the next.

9. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sorry for your loss.. :(

10. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

Thanks you guys... yes, I was relieved that he was finally at peace... I hadn't had to deal with a loss of the furry variety since probably around the time he was born and it hit me pretty hard.