This Disappears When Logged In

Stopped by My Local Reptile Shop!

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by schmidt1894, Feb 10, 2013.

1. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

I stopped by the local reptile shop near by, like I do occasionally. Took some pictures for ya'll. I'm sure you would enjoy them.

2QxgAx2l.jpg
    Could somebody tell me what kind of python that is? I really like it.... How big do they get?

iGI4ky1l.jpg
    This leachie was pretty darn big! Haha, they just got it in this morning and was setting up and enclosure today for him, it's in a temporary enclosure.

wsiPU6wl.jpg
    Some Caimen's! These guys were like 400 bucks I believe... Or 200 something. Really pretty lizards. Never seen them in person.

iaTf83jl.jpg
    PARSON'S Chameleon!!!! This guy was $2499! Never seen these guys ever!

Hope you enjoyed!

Oh, p.s. I'm applying to this reptile shop for a job!:) Would be awsome to get the job, to work with reptiles... Till I left for college!

Attached Files:

2. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

The python is a green tree, and they get long, forget how long, but stay really, really skinny.

3. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Very cool! :)

4. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

Yeah, they are really cool, but too delicate for my tastes... though they are fun to look at every time an expo runs through ;)

5. riderx4life

riderx4life Well-Known Member

that green tree is beautiful!! Delicate like how? Like, look but dont touch or just a lot can go wrong very easily? Sorry if its a dumb question...

6. riderx4life

schmidt, can you post some more pictures of your amazing red eye?

7. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

LOL BOTH! very, very delicate animals, and at 5-10 hundred dollars a pop, not something i would want to be messing with- That's not to say a experienced keeper can't have one, but it's certianly not a good reptile for those just looking for a handleable, easy pet.

8. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

etb.jpg

And with teeth like that, you REALLY don't want to mess with one. LOL.

9. riderx4life

look at those teeth!!

10. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

She's certainly a little beauty, too bad they don't have a better set up for her. They're easy to keep if you meet the basic husbandry needs they need. Not really delicate just more experience required to keep one. Like any other animal you respect it's needs and temper and you can handle them too. Just don't let your gaurd down ;)

11. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

i had already descided not getting a gtp but as soon as my wife seen the teeth she said " h*ll no"

12. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

The caimans are a type of tegu and are probably closer to 400$. I was looking online for some and they were all about $450.

That chameleon is awesome but really expensive which probably means really hard to keep...

13. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

14. Zappa230

Zappa230 Elite Member

Beautiful boa and camins. Hope you get the job!

15. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I like the coloring but the shape of the chameleon is wierd.

16. mjack360

mjack360 Active Member

That's a very beautiful snake!

17. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Besides the price tag this is why I don't have one :)

Did I ever mention I have a phobia of being bitten? Yet I have been bitten by so many animals...

18. Scottk

Scottk Active Member

I think with tree pythons it's hit or miss with the whole attitude issue. I've never had tree pythons but I've had amazon tree boas and they are the same as tree pythons as far as attitude. My male was nice, never bit or struck out at me, he could be handled with no issues at all. Now my female was extremely mean she would bite all the time, she calmed down after months of working with her but she still would bite just not nearly as much as in the beginning. Tree pythons and tree boas are great snakes to own and observe but take a lot of patience as far as docile handling goes, and expect to get bit. When they are smaller the bites are not that bad.

19. Ripkabird98

Ripkabird98 Elite Member

Not entirely true.

Caiman lizards are part of the Teiid family, but is NOT a Tegu in any way. It is CALLED the Water Tegu, but it isn't a true Tegu.

They can be about $300-$400

20. VaranusDragon74

VaranusDragon74 Active Member

That skull was for an Emerald Tree Boa, not a Green Tree Python..
    They look very similar in coloration, and their coiled style of perching on branches..
    Emerald Boas are from South America, around the Amazon..
    The Green Trees come from Indonesia, and the island of Papua New Guinea..