This Disappears When Logged In

Steve Irwin - farewell Crocodile Hunter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huhwhat, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huhwhat

huhwhat Established Member

Steve Irwin Killed by Stingray

Croc Hunter Killed

My sympathies to those he left behind, but I have to wonder if he was doing on of his usual stupid thngs when he got stung?

2. shy_snake

shy_snake New Member

R.I.P steve, we love you and will always miss you, you are my herping idol by far

3. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

Buddy of mine was just telling me about this and I had figured it was just another rumor..

And though I had some quirks about the guy, it is a sad loss.

4. thejoie

thejoie Elite Member

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always had such a strong appreciation and admiration for the man. I have an autograph of his :) His passion for the environment and love of animals inspired me.
    I am truly upset by this. He has done so much for the animal world.. and at the young age of 44 he still had so much left to give. It's a shame he was taken so early..

RIP Crocodile Man.. you have shown so many the amazing world through your enthusiastic eyes. You will be terribly missed but never forgotten.

5. iam_a_legend06

iam_a_legend06 Well-Known Member

i feel deeply saddened by this and this is the first time have heard this he was the whole reasen my interest turned to reptiles he was a legend the world will miss him

6. Cali

Cali Elite Member

Steve Irwin is a legend and will continue to inspire and teach people about the wonderful creature of this world especially reptiles! if it were not for him i would still be afraid of snakes and be without one!

He shall be missed but never forgotten! i think a quote springs to mind....

"Crikey"

never thought that this would happen! a very sad day.......:(

7. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

Although he done some stupid things he will be missed because of all the work he does with the envioment.It is reported that his wife terri at this moment in time does not know of his death due to the fact she is in tazmania some where.

8. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

While his death will certainly impact many people, it won't impact anyone as much as it will his kids.

I wish his family the best during this time.

9. steveig2

steveig2 Elite Member

A very sad day in the reptile community....:(

10. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I just heard about this two minutes ago. It's sad that he left his family behind.

11. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

This is a very sad loss. It says he was doing nothing more than swimming over a very large ray filming for a documentary when the ray turned on him. My best for his wife and family.

12. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Rest in peace Steve. It's a tremendous loss to both the reptile and environmental communities. The loss his family feels must be unbearable.

13. Tippmann357

Tippmann357 Elite Member

Why Steve Irwin:(
    “The world has lost a great wildlife icon, a passionate conservationist and one of the proudest dads on the planet,” Stainton told reporters in Cairns. “He died doing what he loved best and left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind. He would have said, ’Crocs Rule!”’

RIP

14. venus

venus Founding Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. It is truely a sad loss. He will be missed greatly.

15. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

it was the first thing i heard when i got up this morning and it makes me very sad, he was my favorite. kind of bummed out my day. may he rest in peace and my thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family during this sad time. :(

16. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Steves death is definatley a major blow to the herp world :(. He will be missed greatly and my thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

17. HerpO'Haulic

HerpO'Haulic Member

Terri was called on her Cell as the chopper was on the way to try to save steve from what I hear.

Although I disagreed with a few things he did he was a great man who brought the bridge between the world of conservation and people together.

RIP Steve you may be gone but never forgotton.

18. jcr

jcr Active Member

I have had 2 different phone calls about Steve Irwin's death from family members who are not big animal people. Which goes to show, that his death will be felt beyond the animal community. I have heard some criticism of Steve Irwin, but he was a cool guy in our eyes. His enthusiasm was infectious. He was an entertainer, strictly because it was a treat to watch him do what he was so obviously passionate about. What a loss. His family & friends are in my thoughts & prayers.

19. Redsrevenge

Redsrevenge Elite Member

Godspeed Mr. Irwin. You were one of my heroes. I grew up with you and your family, and just last month, flying home from New Zealand on Qantas Airlines, I saw ypu all on 'The Wiggles' and thought it was the best damned piece of video entertainment I'd ever seen.

Granted, I was drunk at the time, but...

Everyone always wants to save the cute, fuzzy animals. Save the pandas, they have big heads! Save the dolphins, they mimic human behavior! Save the baby seals, look at those big beautiful eyes!

What, an entire reptile habitat is going byebye for a mining village? Well, they're scaley...

I loved you for caring about the "leftovers" -the scaley, the slimey, the stinging, the biting. From crocodiles to falcons to insects, you sir, gave it your all. One day I want to help carry on your work. If I manage, I really hope I have half the guts you did.

Rest in Peace, Champion of the Diamonds in the Rough. =/ Wherever you are -if anywhere- I hope you know that I thought they were beautiful, too!

20. karamu8201

karamu8201 Elite Member

i just read about this 5 mins ago. i went straight to this site after. that's a very sad and tragic death indeed. but as one of the quotes says, "he died doing what he loved to do best..." it's too bad he had to pass away so young :(.

my mom would always watch him and that is actually how i started growing an interest in wildlife.

may he rest in peace and always be remembered. may his family be at peace also through this hard time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.