This Disappears When Logged In

Step Up Or Shut Up

Discussion in 'Reptile Law - Legal News' started by Rich, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Step up or shut up. If you aren't taking the time to help we don't have the time to listen to you complain about these laws.

ACTION ALERT: URGENT

It took me under 3 minutes to do this. EVERY person who reads this should be taking the 3 minutes to do this because by ignoring it you become part of the problem.

2. Ieasa

Ieasa Elite Member

Will do when I can get to my computer.

3. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

With the exception of Boas, the rest of the snakes on that list are banned where I live already. One of the other provinces has gone one step further and banned all pythons (including ball and children's) as well. These laws are on top of the town- and city-specific laws that have been adopted by many places, and have gone to the extreme to essentially ban anything they don't understand (e.g. leachianus geckos are banned, but crested, gargoyle, and chahoua geckos are allowed). Violators of the bans can face heavy fines, jail time, or even have their entire collection seized.

It shows that if the right people are lobbying for exclusion, it can happen. The laws were not formed based on logic, or what's best for the economy, but rather on the agendas of lobbyists and politicians, who tend to listen to those who cry the hardest and loudest, even if they're the minority. Speaking with certain people in the past who've opted not to join Action Alerts such as these, I've heard the claim of "these proposed laws are so ridiculous that there's no way they'll go through!".

They can, and they will, especially if the opposition isn't strong enough.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

As long as they have deep pockets and can buy their way into getting their way!

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Was already planning on doing this when I get home from work. I can't figure how to copy and paste from mobile if it's even possible. It's funny how they are always scrambling to make new laws when they really can't properly enforce the ones they have. So they just end up hurting the honest people, who are responsible and, well I'm gonna stop as this is turning into a rant that helps nothing.

6. Releep

Releep Elite Member

I just wish that I could afford a bunch of lobbyists to fight the bureaucrats.

7. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Well I will definitely do this when I get a chance (have to go to the doctors first). Wouldn't be right for me to get so heated about these types of things and then not do anything about it!

I just don't understand why people keep trying to put us down and take away our rights.

8. Releep

Releep Elite Member

One word "FEAR"

9. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm not as computer savy as you Rich took me more then 3 minutes :) Fortunately I always write my state people about everything so I knew where I was going already :)

10. NancyA

NancyA Elite Member