This Disappears When Logged In

Stand for Tanks?

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by damein1234, Nov 4, 2014.

1. damein1234

damein1234 Member

hi there. I was hoping someone could give me a bit of help. I have a VERY limited section to keep my snakes in. I wanted to make a stand for 2.
    the idea is that I want 2 40g tanks sitting on the stand. one above the other. again, i must stress that I have a limited space to work in.
    I'm thinking it should be over 4 feet, so the top tank is still workable. One tank almost on the ground, the other just above with enough room for lights, heat ect ect.

Has anyone ever built or bought anything similar to what I'm speaking of? Do you have any pics or plans? I've never really built anything and any help is greatly appreciated! I'm not looking for fancy or beautiful. Just something simple and working

2. CassedyAthena

CassedyAthena Member

I have some pics on my profile of something I did for a 75 gal tank. Its nothing fancy just designed for function and can be tweaked to meet your needs. I will try to add them to this thread later today with more comments but for now its 3am and back to sleep for me.

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Your going to want several inches of extra room above the bottom tank, otherwise it will be an absolute pain to work in without moving it ojt of the stand all the time.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

For what you are talking about, since you are not experienced with building anything, check out utility shelves at the local hardware store. All you have to do is put them together.

5. CassedyAthena

CassedyAthena Member

I think merlin is on to something. I build stuff because I have a surplus of scrap lumber and tools.

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I agree. It is the best place to start. Some of them now have different slots to put the shelves in to get the space between that you require.
    If they have too much space then you can make a base for the tanks to bring it up.

7. damein1234

damein1234 Member

Thanks everyone!
    I've done what you all suggested, and though I couldn't find a shelf in the size I needed, I was able to draw out much more complete plans. And the employees at Lows were a lot of help to!
    Thanks again :)