This Disappears When Logged In

Spotted Salamander Juvenile

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by willk, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willk

willk Active Member

this should go in the salamander section but I find the General forum is more active...
    so I have a 2 inch spotted salamander juvenile that just lost his gills and left the water, he's now black and the little yellow spots are starting to appear. He was very easy to feed when he lived in the water but now he's very inactive and clumsy (I know that's normal since he just burrows all the time, he's a mole salamander) but it makes it hard to feed him. I don't want to just dump worms in his tank and hope he finds them, I kinda want to "supervise" his first meals to make sure everything is going fine. Any tips?

2. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Would he be receptive to tongs?

3. willk

willk Active Member

tongs? I don't know what that is...oh like tweasers?

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yes,..except without pointed ends.

5. willk

willk Active Member

it sucks I don't even know where he is in his tank now, I know he's in there but he's hiding 100% of the time.

6. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Alas your only choice may be to just dump a whole bunch of small worms in there and hope he finds them.

7. willk

willk Active Member

well I found him yesterday (I basically dug him out to make sure he was still alive) and he looked fine, and OK on the "fatness" side, too bad he doesn't show himslef more often. But you know what they say, the less you see you herp in his tank, the happier and safer he probably feals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.