This Disappears When Logged In

(spider Warning) Holy Cow!! Before and After Molt!

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by purplemuffin, Jan 14, 2012.

1. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

I'm sure this is normal for all you people who have been keeping Ts for a while but WOW! My first molt, and what a doozy! I came back to a BRAND NEW SPIDER! Or so I thought looking at the change! Red hairs!? Different body shape!? What a cool cool change, and how awesome that I got to see it so early in T keeping!

And the little one was a turd and of course the mold was ridiculously torn and mangled RIGHT where I'm supposed to look to sex the thing.. I don't know..included molt pictures to see if any of you can make anything out of the mess! lol! My prediction is that all of you will say, yeah no way to tell from these pictures! Oh well.

First, a few pics from before the molt:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now... after the molt!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the photos of the silly molt~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CountTripula

CountTripula Elite Member

Beautiful!

3. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

4. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

That really does look like a completely new spider! Congrats! I'm terrified of spiders but I think Ts are pretty cute!

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, She looks amazing! :x Congratulations on a safe and healthy molt.
    It's amazing how the colors are so bright after a molt

6. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Wow, what a beauty. It has been about 10 years since my tarantula died. Sadly, I can not help you except to say maybe it is changing due to environment. Like when dogs get a thicker coat in winter. So maybe she is changing colors for the weather you are having. Of course, I could be totally wrong. ;)

7. rosi92

rosi92 Subscribed User Premium Member

Ewwww! Next time post pictures that aren't so big lol! And annarawrr, Tarantulas are the worst kind of spider! (shudders)

8. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

:rolleyes: well, I did post a spider warning in the title!

9. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

It's been SOO long sense I had a tarantula (Red knee) back in the early 80's when they where importing them by the millions... I have not seen one sense those days.