This Disappears When Logged In

Species Advice

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Schuman, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Schuman

Schuman New Member

Hello, I am new to this forum and hope I am posting in the right area. If I am not I am sorry and I will be glad to move it to where it should be. I recently got a cage that is 6'x6'x32" (LxHxW) The entire back wall is rock wall made out of foam and one side has a waterfall coming down. Half the bottom is water and the other half is land. The tank is pretty big in my opinion and I was wondering what animals could go in it well. I already have a Red eye tree frog and a couple PDFs in separate cages atm and I am not sure on how well they would do together? Anyways if anyone has some suggestions I could really use some help. Most searches i have done online say that mixing anything is a big "NO NO" but I have seen some others on here do it and was really interested in it. Sorry such a long post,

Thank you very much in advance

2. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

I would not mix different species of PDF's. I have seen people put tree boas and pythons in with their frogs. I really don't know about the red eyed tree frog. Good luck and keep us posted. Sounds like this could be a really nice project.
    Gary

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

About the only thing you could mix in with red eyes, are tiger legged tree frogs. They both require the same conditions, come from the same area and are roughly the same size. That's a huge tank! I wouldn't mix the PDFs since the red eyes need it warmer than the PDFs would like. how much water is there? You can always set it up with fish!