This Disappears When Logged In

Southern Scrub Python Anyone?

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by stano40, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stano40

stano40 Elite Member

This is "Nugget", southern scrub python.

What a gentle creature???? Yea, right!

This little lady is all of 6' to 6 1/2' of lean, mean fighting machine and extremely fast.

She can creep you out because when your near her house she will follow you all around and stare at you, as if to say, "Go ahead, make my day".

My son recently was determined to calm her down. He opened the top of her house and proceeded to pick her up. As he was taking her up and out she hit him once on the inside of his index finger, left some teeth marks and a bloody trail. She tried running for it but he managed to get her back in but, not before her striking him again on the side of his hand leaving a perfect mouth indent, with teeth marks, on the side of the same hand he was just bit on.

He just looked up at me and said, "Well, I guess I've got to work with her a little more".

Special Note: It's been several weeks now and he hasn't gone back yet.

I am though, looking for a care sheet for a "SOUTHERN SCRUB PYTHON", also the Latin name for this species.

I'm pretty familiar with her diet so far it's been small f/t rats and live hands.

The only one I have been able to find is Yasser Moustafa's site, but that only gives me a little general knowledge and what he is doing with this species.

By the way "Nugget" was purchased from Moustafa by the gentleman who originally owned her. I've tried emailing him but as of yet I've had no response.

If any one has this species, I would love to have your first hand knowledge on keeping this species.

If anyone leaves near me and is foolish enough to consider getting one, let me know.

[​IMG]

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

6. stano40

stano40 Elite Member

Another photo of he lil' darlin', nugget.

[​IMG]

She just waits for you to make a mistake.

7. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

She really is a beautiful snake :) This is definitely my favorite python species. I find them fascinating. Rock pythons are pretty cool too, but I find the scrubs to be more unique.

But seriously...if you don't want her in a couple months, hit me up ;)

8. doesn't sound like your gonna have any luck taming her.

9. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

you should probably invested in some leather gloves.

10. stano40

stano40 Elite Member

My son gave up trying to tame her since now his hands are well aerated .... LOL

Furryscaly, if your still interested in her let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.