This Disappears When Logged In

Southern Alligator Lizard Pregnancy Question. When to Isolate???

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by Auttie, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Auttie

Auttie Member

My situation is a little complicated. See, I have my two Alligator Lizards, Fammy and Lucky, who I assume are opposite gender. Well a few times this week I've caught them doing what looks an awful lot like mating, but I can't really tell because they won't let me get close enough to look before they stop and move to the other and of the cage. I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but I know this is Alie breeding season so I want to be more safe than sorry. I built an egg laying chamber and put it in a different cage lined with paper towels just like I've been told to do. I would really like some babies so I left my presumed female in with the male...the question is...when do I separate her so she can have her eggs in the chamber??? :/ Please help.

PS- I posted this question also on the Alligator Lizard section of the site but that area doesn't seem to have many members :/ I hope this is considered a health question

2. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

I don't know much on breeding, but i would assume that they should be separated once the female is visibly gravid. Don't hold my word as law though as i don't know much on the subject.