This Disappears When Logged In

Sometimes They Name Themselves. This is the Story of Houdini....

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by Rainbowsrus, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Rainbowsrus

Rainbowsrus Well-Known Member

....and fourteen of his closest friends.

On the morning of 08/31/2013 around 7am I check on my gravid girls and noticed a baby hanging out in the corner of Olive Oyl's cage.
    OL_PE_20130831a.jpg

Cool I thought, she dropped her litter. I opened the cage and found one lone Anery male baby out on the prowl and mom in the nest/hide box. Only a little bit of umbilical blood trail to be found. No egg sack, no slime pile, no brothers and sisters. It was like he escaped the ovary with little to no evidence. Remember, he's not just outside mom but cruising the cage. Fast forward a couple hours to 9 am and mom delivers the rest of the litter in the nest box. All those babies were normal hanging out in the sack newborns.
    OL_PE_20130831b.jpg
    OL_PE_20130831c.jpg

By 11 two had left the nest box but most were still chilling in the communal pile. At 4PM this afternoon there were still a half dozen in the nest, 4 of which still in their individual egg sacks.

Total of 9 Anery and 6 het Anery.
    OL_PE_20130831d.jpg

Houdini is already already in his own individual tub. I think I'll keep him.
    OL_PE_20130831e.jpg

This is the first time I have found a single baby born ahead of it's litter mates like this.

Attached Files:

2. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Cool!!! Beautiful babies!!

3. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

That's a lot of babies!

4. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

You sure you want to hold onto a master escape artist :p

5. Rainbowsrus

Rainbowsrus Well-Known Member

I love a good challenge and besides, it would not be fair to pass him onto anyone else.

6. curtis

curtis Active Member

I want one lol they are beautiful babies

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Is there anything cuter than baby snakes? I think not!

I'd hold onto Houdini - maybe he has other interesting features he will reveal as the time passes.

8. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Like teleportation? :p

9. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Awesome little guys! Hope you can keep track of that little one ;)