This Disappears When Logged In

Sometimes Life Takes a Major Right Turn.....

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by Rainbowsrus, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Rainbowsrus

Rainbowsrus Well-Known Member

In this case I saw the roadsigns for a long time and have been preparing for the turn but still, when it arrives it's a mixed basket of feelings.

I work for IBM and on 06/12 I was informed there was a "Resource Action" and my services would no longer be required as of 07/12/2013. In other words - I am laid off.

Good news is I get a decent separation package and even better is my snake hobby/business is built up to the point of my original "plan B" of it being my full time job is viable. I've said for many years I finally figured out what I wanted to be when I grew up - snake breeder. Now it's time to transition to my dream job!!

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Lucky! Being laid off and working on your dream job is great! Congratulations!!

3. NancyA

NancyA Elite Member

Funny to be saying Congratulations to someone who just got laid off, but it looks like it's a huge win situation for you!

4. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Thats awesome! Congrats man. What species are included in your plan?

5. Rainbowsrus

Rainbowsrus Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, Yeah, kinda weird to be happy about being laid off. But look at the new job I'm going to. And I don't have to put up with any more crap from IBM (no longer the company I hired into 32 years ago)

I will continue my groundbreaking work with BRB's and will still dabble in BCI. Just like I do now but with more focus!

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats on getting to follow your dream! Wish you the best with the breeding! I think most of us would wish to be able to pursue our passions more often

7. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

32 years and you get laid off. Jeeze.

8. emanresu

emanresu Member

Well keep in touch. If anythin were to happen to my 7 year old BRB i'll be looking for a breeder to provide me with a rare morph. I got mine from a breeder and wouldn't have it any other way!

9. tbron

tbron Elite Member

always better to do what you love