This Disappears When Logged In

Somebody Talk Me Out of This!!!!!!! Please??????

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by JSqueezer, Aug 10, 2013.

1. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

My husband is really wanting a Jungle Carpet Python. He found one in need of rescuing (the guy who owns it is moving and can't take the snake with him). It's about a six hour drive to get him home.. if we do decide that we want to get the snake. I've been waffling back and forth for the past few days.. but since this one became available hubby is really putting the pressure on. I'm about to cave... so I really need someone to talk me down.. fast!!!

Let's just say we decide to get this beauty... what is the safest way to get him home?

2. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Just do it! Carpets are amazing!!!

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Talk you out of it? From THIS bunch?:confused:
    LOL!
    We be enablers! ;)

This time of year just use a pillowcase, put the snake in and knot the bag. Put both in a cheap styrofoam ice chest to avoid sudden temperature fluctuations. MAke sure the chest stays out of direct sunlight.

4. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Thanks you guys!!!!! I think!!

He's a three year old snake nearly six feet long... does that change your views?? Hubby just wants to go for it but I'm hesitant.. and still researching Jungle Carpet Pythons.

5. Merlin

They are great snakes. Hatchlings can be a bit nervous,but usually grow out of it.
    The adults are generally pretty laid back, although more active than your run of the mill python.
    They are attractive and if you happen to luck onto one of the ones that are high yellow they are spectacular

6. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

It's the activity level that is attracting us... well my husband. This one is quite pretty... which is another draw. He comes with his enclosure.. a very large aquarium, and while it's not an ideal set up for us, he's lived in it and it will do until we get him a new enclosure in a couple of months. Listen to me... I sound like I've made up my mind!!

7. Merlin

LOL! It does sound that way doesn't it!

8. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

I could make worse decisions!! Hubby and son really want to get this not so little guy.. who am I to say no??:)

9. Merlin

Plus,....it gives YOU ammo for the next thing YOU want! LOL!

10. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

This is like the old Nike commercials, just do it ;)

11. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Do it, dooo iitt! You know you want to!