This Disappears When Logged In

Some Photo's

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by ShAn3, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

Hey all well here are some photos of my South Western Carpet Python (M.S.Imbricata)

These are old photos; she's actually larger than this now by quite a bit.

[​IMG] Enclosure, it was a bit packed then but it's less packed now with just 2 fake plants

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just recently got photos of her shedding, but mum left with my camera to South Africa.

2. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

nice snake

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

She's a beauty. :) I look forward to seeing the more recent pics too.

4. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

thanks. She is still sort of the same but her yellow is more vibrant. Her blue tinges are decresing though :( I chose her for the blue and also most coastal SWCP have yellow markings in the black markings but she doesn't. Which is also un-usual.

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Shane,can I ask how much you paid for her, and also cost of the license? Also, do you go out in the bush finding reptiles, ( I know you can't collect them!) but I wonder if you could get photos of them in their natural habitat, just to show everyone ? Goanna`s, Blue tongues and Stumpy-tails, and dragon lizards wil be common animals to you, I guess, as well as all the snake species, you`re making me feel more homesick than ever!!
    Stefan

6. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

I paid $500 for her (Cheap in WA but expensive over east). Licensing was actually cheap (only $60 for 2years). I'm not allowed to go herping any more since finding a few elapids (haha parents are worried I'd get bitten) I usually see a lot of little skinks and a few big skinks. Carpets are a really hard thing to fid in the bush here. I often see a few Bobtails and Blueys about, but not as much as I used too. I did find this awesome near Pure orange bob-tail a few weeks back though-was awesome!!! Monitors are a hard sight being further south, but a bit further north my friends tell me of their monitor success (lucky *******s) I always find frogs about. We have a big King Skink living in our yard which is fairly aggressive LOL

I got a bit of photos of the frogs

[​IMG]

Since winter is approaching I haven't been seeing any reps :'(

I will try get some photo's for you when it warms up again (few months)

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Yes, when it warms up again, get some photos, talking about that stumpy-tail, I found one that was "brick red" in colour, did you know these are selling for up to $2500 here in Europe? I can`t believe it!!! They were all over the neighborhood when I used to go hunting them!! By the way, you should have explained, winter where you are is absolutely NOTHING like winter over here! ( I LOVE being freezing cold, honestly!)
    P.S. I once watched a bearded dragon catch 8 small skinks in about 20 minutes! I wish I`d taken photos!

8. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Nice looking snake! :)

You guys make me want to up and leave Kansas or the US and live somewhere else! I'M GREEN with envy!

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Don`t let your water dragon know you`re "green" you may well get eaten!!;)

10. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

haha a little Bob-tail for $2.5k? LOL I can get one for $20 off people. Everybody just thinks they are lame but I don't LOL :D Gee the beardie thing would have been cool. I rarely see any wild beardies :( I do always find massive snake scat though.

11. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Shane! NOT $2.50!! two thousand and five hundred!!!

12. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

I kno lol that's what $2.5k means, $2,500. LOL

13. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

It`s early, I`m still half asleep!! (Don`t tell anyone about my ridiculous mistake, they`ll think I`m some sort of idiot!!) SHHHH
    :eek::eek::confused:

14. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

More photo's :D

She's getting fatter! Probably over a meter now.

SDC10394.jpg about a half or 2 back.

SDC10466.jpg Adult size....Gee she's going to be a real fatty :D

IMG_0547.jpg Another few adults

Haha I won't Murrindini

15. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

I will try get more photo's after she poop's

16. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Excellent photos again!

17. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

Thanks, some aren't that good because of the flash

18. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Sweet looking girl you've got there. Definitely one to add to my list of "I wants".

19. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

Haha don't know if it possible to get one Over Seas, only common in Western Australia, yet they are common pet. In eastern states, hardly anybody keeps one. In is extremely rare to find one for sale in QLD, NSW, VIC, ACT, SA.

20. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Just makes me want it even more! And just because I want it doesn't mean I'll be able to convince the wife that we NEED one more snake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.