This Disappears When Logged In

Some People's Kids!

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by kriminaal, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

2. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Feed him to the crocs!

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I saw that the other day. It's like, how do you not know your kid is missing!

And, he's right on his way to becoming a serial killer if these issues aren't resolved. Killing animals is the first step.

4. sooperdave

sooperdave Elite Member

You read my mind.

5. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I like how the one shrink says that "we should be more tolerant"!! I think not! What needs to happen is a full inspection of this child's home, a full parental inspection, a full Psychiatric evaluation, and some serious intense counseling, done by a child psychiatrist not a counselor. Get to the root of what is causing all this built up anger and hatred! If not, that is going to be a serious problem when that child gets older.

This is very sad, you hear more and more of these kinds of things, and they just keep getting younger and younger. I would be horrified if that was my child! I am all for suing the parents! Maybe a little hit in the pocket book might wake them up to reality, and the fact that they have a huge problem on their hands. I would be willing to wager that this is not the first time he has done something so disgusting. I hear a lot of the old saying "boys will be boys", I think that is a huge CROCK! Just because you are a boy does not give you the right to be violent, mean, hurtful, and cruel. Boys have the same ability as girls to learn boundaries, rules, and so on.

I really hope they stick it to the parents, and get that kid some help, maybe he stands a chance.

6. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

I read about this on AOL news...
    This kid needs some serious help, and his parents need a lesson in parenting, a serious lesson in parenting.

Though I suppose it would be easier in the long run to just feed him to the crocs.

The worst part is his reaction, he wasn't mad, or upset, this was fun for him.

7. sooperdave

sooperdave Elite Member

My guess is that he had no idea of what he was doing. In his mind it was fun and exciting to see this huge animal eat these smaller animals. It probably made him feel like God in a way. It's definitely not a boy just being a boy. He has a serious illness that needs to be treated.

8. Mala

Mala Member

I think it's a load of hooey that they can't prosecute the child. While I wouldn't agree with a full criminal punishment as if he were 18 or over, at 7 you still know the difference between right and wrong. There should be some consequence to his actions, and his home life should be evaluated (and a mental evaluation).

9. Beardy

Beardy Elite Member

Reading that news story made me sick, they should do something to the kid! I'd say put him in Juvey as soon as he's old enough! Until then, like the zoo director said, a good kick in the butt!

10. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

"Spare the rod and spoil the child" If I had done something like that when I was 7,(I don't think I would have thought it at that age!) I would have never again seen the light of day. My Father would have@#$%^&*, and then!@#$%^&*!!! I wouldn't be able to sit down for 2 weeks. The mother and father have taught this child either no respect for an animal or go ahead and do this to an animal. They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

11. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

I fear the future of our world. :6(

12. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I don't agree when people say parents are responsible for their teenagers actions. But at 7, I sure believe they are.

13. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

That's exactly what my parents would have done too. The problem with kids today is that their parents don't give them a good old fashioned spanking... Man when I screwed up, I got the belt, and I tell you what, I never ever thought about trying to do something I got spanked for again...

This kid needs to be in a mental ward getting serious help where he cant hurt people and animals And I hope to god that the parents are sued for millions. I don't believe in beating children, but so help me god, if that were my child, I'd be in prison...

14. SpecterGT260

SpecterGT260 Elite Member

It's funny you should say that. The article states that the kid got into the croc enclosure. He could have been eaten himself, and THEN the zoo would have been liable. From a strictly legal standpoint IF a 7 year old is able to get into the enclosure it becomes an attractive nuisance which can negate this case entirely.

15. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

I was under the impression that he got through one wall. Not into the exhibit itself, just over the first fence, like the fence in front of the concrete slabs you see at some zoos.

16. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I was too Ryan. That would definitely be a problem if a child could get into the croc enclosure. Our zoos are set up the same way here, they have the fence in front of the actual enclosure, which is fenced completely from floor to ceiling.

17. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

I saw this yesterday on the news. It's pretty scary to me. That kid needs help and fast. If my kid ever did something like that I would be devastated. You would think there would be signs that the kid was "off" or something.
    Hopefully he will get the help he needs. Sad story.

18. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

In the US, yes, but who knows what the local laws are in that area of Australia... they can't even make this kid legally accountable.

19. snakey66

snakey66 Member

How did the kid even get his hands on a adult monitor :confused:

20. luxemburger_queen

luxemburger_queen Elite Member

I wish he'd been eaten. Then we wouldn't have a future Michael Myers on our hands. This kid needs SERIOUS psychiatric help.

I think child services should take the child from the parents and put him in a mental institution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.