This Disappears When Logged In

Some good news for today

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Bitis Gabonica, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

After a sad day, we have had a good ending.. look what we found when we looked inside our incubator.. :D

#1 hatched several hours ago, and is learning how to be a feisty little thing :p - pics 1 and 2.

#2 and #3 are still hatching as i type! - pics 3, 4 and 5.

These cuties are from our amel motley, Arrow, and our creamsicle male, Garfield, and have been in incubation for 54 days. In total she laid 8 eggs, but the others were all infertile. These are gorgeous little babies, and our first ever breeding of the snakes! :p

Another week or two and we should have another load of eggs hatching from one of our other females.. uh think we need to order in a few pinkies! :D Will keep you all updated on how they get on in the big wide world :)

Attached Files:

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Great news Rachel!! Congrats.

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Congrats Rachel, I am soooo jealous. What adorable little babies.

4. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Awwwwwww..Rachel amazing...they are just beautiful, congrats on the babies...awww cute :D

5. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

AWWWWWWWWW Rachel...I am also jealous lol....adorable....and so tiny lol...Lyn

6. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

awwww how cute. I wish my leos would hurry up and have babies so i could say i have some cute little ones lol.

7. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

AWWWWWW more pics plz!!! :D

8. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

awww Rachel.....they are so adorable....congrats

What a fabulous way to end the day !!

9. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Congratulations Rachel. What a great way to end a sad day! Beautiful babies. I can't wait for further updates from your baby-factory!!
    PS -- am I the only one who thinks of "Aliens" when I look at the last pic?

10. Bitis Gabonica

LOL Andrea :p

Well this morning #2 has fully hatched - and it's motley in pattern!, which means dad must be het. motley, as mum is motley.. pics later on!! #3 is still hiding away in its egg but will no doubt be out later today. Photos to follow... :D

11. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Congrats Rachel,,,,so cute and tiny !!!

12. Bitis Gabonica

And quite feisty hehe :p

Here's hatchling #2 (motley) and #3 (sorry, the camera didn't feel like focusing properly!).

They should shed shortly and then we'll try them with their first feeds, here's hoping their natural instincts kick straight in! :)

Attached Files:

13. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Congratulations to the babies!!Soo cute!!

14. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

they're soooo adorable! wow they're so tiny. i love them! :D

15. Bitis Gabonica

Hehe thanks, if you were over here they could be yours!! :p The little motley is already highly in demand! - we had someone enquire about it last night, but one of our friends has first dibs on it, unless it's male, then Joe wants to keep it!, popular little thing :D

16. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

they're beautiful !!

And it's ALWAYS a good thing to have your babies in high demand !!

17. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

They are SO cute! I want babies someday :) Come on, Jack and Sally! :D

18. Bitis Gabonica

Thanks Toni. :)

Haha Julianne,. we have had 6 of them breed - there's another 30+ eggs to hatch yet, and some might be double clutching .. we're going to be over run!! :D

19. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Wow, Bitis...that's amazing! What a great way to be overrun! :rolleyes:

20. Bitis Gabonica

LOL Juliane, well that's certainly a good point! - being overrun by lots of snakes isn't a bad thing in my eyes :p Shame we don't live on the same continent as you guys, I think many of you would make excellent parents to our little ones!

And here's hoping we can sex them accurately in a few weeks,. Joe would like to keep the motley if it's male to breed with a great plains rat in the hopes of producing some pure creamsicles. All this genetics is very tiring to me! :D And if it's not then it's got a good home waiting at our friends' and we might get another from her next clutch (mother looks like she is double-clutching by the way!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.