This Disappears When Logged In

Some expo pics!!!

Discussion in 'Shows and Expos' started by Manhirwen, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Hey everyone,
    I just thought I'd tell you all that I went to my first exotic animal expo today (going again tomorrow) and that I took a few pics to show you guys. Tomorrow I'll take more pics but here's what I have for tonight.

First off there were TONs of vendors there with reptiles and other animals. I even saw baby zebras and lemurs for sale, but for now I'll focus on the reptiles.:p

This first pic is of some beardies...I wanted one so bad, I did find some really tiny babies for $35 but decided that I won't get one yet (we'll see what tomorrow brings)
    [​IMG]
    This one is just one of many many tables full of reptiles in little containers, not my personal favorite way to keep them but there's not much I can do about that.
    [​IMG]
    This one is of a frilled dragon in a little cup for sale, if they're going to sell it for $99.00 why don't they at LEAST give it a little aquarium to stay in. Oh well...
    [​IMG]

Ok, did I mention that I spent $200.00 there. Before you get mad at me for going out and getting too many you have to realize, $125 of that was just on cages.:p
    Here's what I got.
    A crested gecko baby.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a baby "blizzard" leo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There were good things and bad things there. I was really upset when I saw the adult water dragons, I swear that they had MBD and were skinnier than I had ever seen one before. I only bought lizards from one breeder because their reptiles looked like they were in great shape...at least compared with everything else.

I'll post again tomorrow more pics of other things, there was a cage that I really want to have built so I'm going to take some pics of it to my cage builder guy to see if he can replicate it, I'll post some on here too.

Hope you enjoyed!

2. inkman

inkman Elite Member

very nice beth thanks for sharing!!

3. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY Elite Member

somethings missing...oh yeah! where's the snake pictures?

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You have to be careful because not everyone at an expo is a breeder. I have seen a lot of people that have what I KNOW are imports, and yet are still claimed to be captive bred.
    The deli cup displays aren't as bad as you think. It keeps them safe and secure, both from other animals and nosey customers, and easily managed with regard to heating. And it is safer to transport. If they were in aquariums you would end up with many animals crammed in together.

5. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I demand more pictures! ;)

6. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Yeah, I guess the cups are better than being crowded...So I'm not that sad about it, one thing that did **** me off today though was one of the frilled dragons was injured and looked as if it would die.

Also, all of the CWDs were in poor condition. I only bought animals from one vendor because they were a breeder and ALL of their animals looked good.:p
    However, the same vendors Australian water dragon looked nice.
    [​IMG]
    My husband almost got a satanic leaftail gecko for $80 but I talked him out of an impulse purchase no matter how tempting it was.
    [​IMG]
    I'm really kicking myself for not picking up a female crested gecko yesterday because today the only one's left were well over $100 and I just didn't want to pay that much.:p
    I mentioned a cage that I want built. Well here is the design idea that I think is cool.[​IMG]
    There were also mammals at the show.[​IMG][​IMG]
    And someone asked for a snake pic, I took but one pic of a snake that looked good and it's of one of my all time favorite snakes, the blue Taiwanese beauty snake.
    [​IMG]
    Other than that, I'm still in the market for a female crestie.

Oh yeah, on a side note, I took my parents to the expo and they aren't really that much into reptiles, my mom likes frogs and turtles but that's it. So when my dad was talking later to me about it all he said this. "well, I'm not really that interested in 'Amazon licking frogs' or whatever."

Where does my dad come up with that, the 70's?:p

7. Mr. T

Mr. T Established Member

aww ive always wanted a aus WD there sooo cool. and i love the leaf tail:D another thing to add to my EVER growing wish list

8. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks like you are really getting the hang of the new camera. I love the AWD, if I were to get a water dragon I would definitely get an AWD over a CWD, but that'll only happen if my 'Frilly' plans fall through ;)

9. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

i may be getting some aussie WD..I love the buggars..great pics :D

10. venus

venus Founding Member

Great pics Beth...The Satanics are really awesome looking!!

11. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Very cool Beth. Naomi was wanting that mini pony. :p You should have gotten that leaf tail and the blue beauty, not for you but for me :)

12. Dee

Dee Elite Member

I'll fight ya for the Satanic MoogleBass! LOL!! (Actually, we've got two ready and waiting with Neil Meister for better shipping weather... ;))

Awesome shots Beth, congrats on your two new babies!

13. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

Great pics, thanks! =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.